Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin Tourney

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1  Share
DKKEV

DKKEV
  • 7,403 posts
Well, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a little tournament up for those of us who have advance wars and are interested in competitive battling. IF your interested in participating in a tourney please just simply state that in your reply. After I see if anyone is interested we can go from there with setting up the rules, the map, time limits etc.

I'll add your name to the list below, once we get at least eight or so we can start something up :)

Registered Users:
DKKEV
GraveNeedle
Jake196
TRAPPEDMOUSE
Shmid
CommanderFlint

(I would put this on the Wi-Fi board... but seeing that it's completely dead...)

Edited by DKKEV, Jan 26 2008, 12:58 PM

#2  Share
GraveNeedle

GraveNeedle

It's all about the battle, you got to play smart.

• 665 posts
I'm a bit leery...every time I join a tournament, right before it starts, I always end up getting the crap scared out of me and quitting before I even try. <_>

But I might give this one a shot. I'll need to think about it. When does it start? Or just when we get enough people?

#3  Share
Billy Madison

Billy Madison
  • 746 posts
I think you should wait about 2 weeks until starting a tournament. Just mainly because I don't have the game yet.

#4  Share
JAKE196

JAKE196
  • 3,448 posts
^

what he said some ppl need time to get the game and not to mention practice.

#5  Share
DKKEV

DKKEV
  • 7,403 posts

^

Like I said, I just wanted to get a list of people who would be interested in playing each other. WE wouldn't start a tourney or anything of the sort for a couple week at the very least. However, if you are interested please say so :) That way people on here will know that you have the game and we can get some friendly battles going.

#6  Share
JAKE196

JAKE196
  • 3,448 posts

^

Like I said, I just wanted to get a list of people who would be interested in playing each other. WE wouldn't start a tourney or anything of the sort for a couple week at the very least. However, if you are interested please say so :) That way people on here will know that you have the game and we can get some friendly battles going.

'k well add me to the list I just got the game.

antitank units are ridiculously strong for their cost don't u think? lol

I think i like the combat in AWDS better but I look forward to playing online after I've beaten it.

#7  Share
DKKEV

DKKEV
  • 7,403 posts

^

I think i like the combat in AWDS better but I look forward to playing online after I've beaten it.

I thought they were too at first... but then I realized that it's called anti-tank for a reason, it has great defense against tanks, but a mech or something can knock out 30-50% of it's health (if that's what you call it). Also, it does only have a range of 3 for shooting so that's not too bad. Like I said earlier it's pretty weak with countering anything other than tanks ;)

#8  Share
JAKE196

JAKE196
  • 3,448 posts

^

I thought they were too at first... but then I realized that it's called anti-tank for a reason, it has great defense against tanks, but a mech or something can knock out 30-50% of it's health (if that's what you call it). Also, it does only have a range of 3 for shooting so that's not too bad. Like I said earlier it's pretty weak with countering anything other than tanks ;)

Yeah now that I've used them they seem pretty average now.

but in this version battleships can MOVE and FIRE. 0_o

MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!

seriously thats messed up.

#9  Share
TRAPPEDMOUSE

TRAPPEDMOUSE
  • 67 posts
I'll compete.

#10  Share
Shmid

Shmid
  • 452 posts
I'll join! :3

#11  Share
CommanderFlint

CommanderFlint
  • 17,848 posts
I'll join. My Brenner skills are unmatched lol.

#12  Share
MYNISTA aka Docta Wuzdead

MYNISTA aka Docta Wuzdead
  • 9 posts
Count Me In.

#13  Share
etruriansage

etruriansage

Master of the shiny luna jynx

• 7,638 posts
I'm in, but I hope that this doesn't become one of those tourneys where no one ends up playing...

#14  Share
Mario766

Mario766

To create the perfect world.

• 26,819 posts
I'm in also.

btw, you may want to ban the CO Tabitha, her CO power + her CO zone = crazy stuff.

#15  Share
JAKE196

JAKE196
  • 3,448 posts

I'm in also.

btw, you may want to ban the CO Tabitha, her CO power + her CO zone = crazy stuff.

Maybe we shouldn't use co powers / zone things at all so It's completely fair. Can you turn those off in this game? I know you could turn off CO powers in AWDS.

#16  Share
GraveNeedle

GraveNeedle

It's all about the battle, you got to play smart.

• 665 posts

I'm in also.

Maybe we shouldn't use co powers / zone things at all so It's completely fair. Can you turn those off in this game? I know you could turn off CO powers in AWDS.

Yeah, you can. But I have to wonder if that's going a bit too far...? There doesn't really seem to be a massively-broken CO (atleast from what I've seen) that can't be taken down with a little strategy (unlike, say, Colin, where you're screwed no matter what).

Just a couple and a half cents.

#17  Share
etruriansage

etruriansage

Master of the shiny luna jynx

• 7,638 posts

I'm in also.

CO powers in this game were adapted so that CO powers couldn't be as abusive as they were in Dual Strike

#18  Share
Billy Madison

Billy Madison
  • 746 posts
I just bought the game today.

So I would be able to participate.

#19  Share
Krankdud

Krankdud
  • 14 posts
I'm interested in a tourney.

#20  Share
DKKEV

DKKEV
  • 7,403 posts

I'm in also.

Yeah, you can. But I have to wonder if that's going a bit too far...? There doesn't really seem to be a massively-broken CO (atleast from what I've seen) that can't be taken down with a little strategy (unlike, say, Colin, where you're screwed no matter what).

Just a couple and a half cents.

I kinda agree with you. CO powers and such actually take strategy to charge up in this game. Taking CO Powers off would seem like a bit too far...