Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Add your OWN CUSTOM POKEMON to GBA ROMS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1  Share
JarHead

JarHead
  • 95 posts
WARNING: This tutorial requires you to DELETE A POKEMON data entry.
(well its not that big of a deal)

THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN CERTIFIED AS IDI :o T-COMPATIBLE tm
(especially if you are using PHOTOSHOP CS, CS2, or CS3 editions for sprite editing)

TOOLS NEEDED:
1. A GBA POKEMON ROM. (RBY,SAPP,FR,LG,EMR)

2.VISUALBOY ADVANCE or NO$GBA
(this is for catching your custom pokemon more easily or if you do not have a portable device to play ROMS on)

( Download Visual boy: http://vba.ngemu.com....8.0-beta3.zip)

3.PHOTOSHOP/GIMP
(Photoshop trial can be downloaded at Adobe.com but be warned its a big 600 MB file)
(GIMP is free)

4. ANY DEVICE CAPABLE OF PLAYING ROMS (OPTIONAL)
(a modded PSP or Ipod Touch will do just fine or you can use your DS or GBA)

5.USB CABLE (OPTIONAL)
(for data transfer of ROM) NOTE: WINDOWS VISTA USERS HAVE THE OPTION OF JUST INSERTING THEIR MEMORY CARDS INTO MEMORY CARD SLOTS

6. THE PROGRAM un-LZ.GBA
(downloaded here: http://files.filefro.../fileinfo.html)

7. THE PROGRAM YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor) (not created by me) (I did upload it to FF though)

( download here http://files.filefro.../fileinfo.html)

8. FOR MODDED PSP USERS: download the GBA emulator GPSP. (OPTIONAL)

9. WINACE/WINRAR (for extracting RAR files)

STEP 1: Getting a ROM

I cant tell you where to get one. Good Luck

STEP 2: Open up un-LZ.GBA

After you download the program open it up by extracting the content of the RAR file (WINRAR/WINACE will open these up easily) to a suitable place on your PC.
After this click on the Un-Lz.GBA icon and wait for the program to load.
Afterwards a box will come up and all the areas except OPEN FILE will be grayed out.

Click on OPEN FILE and find the saved location of your ROM and select it.
Now a box of some sort will appear under OPEN FILE. Next find the button GOTO
(a typing area will be next to it)

If you want a large and fancy sprite type in

2589 (FireRed ROM) in the typing area next to GOTO.
1533 (Emerald ROM)
957 (Sappahire ROM)

NOTE: I DONT OWN RUBY OR LEAF GREEN SO IF YOU GET THOSE ROMS THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO SEARCH AROUND ON YOUR OWN (I would look in 900s for Lugia in Ruby and the 1500s for Lugia for LeafGreen)

The Sprite should be Lugia. Now if you dont want to replace Lugia with your custom pokemon then look around with the NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons (the Next should be above the PREVIOUS)

Now click the SAVE AS button and save the Lugia front sprite (in PNG form) TWICE (so you have a backup of the original incase you mess up)

Then click NEXT and save the Lugia back sprite TWICE (in PNG form).

STEP 3: SPRITE EDITING:

Now this part is tricky, open up Photoshop or GIMP and open up ONE OF YOUR TWO Lugia sprites
(or if you chose another pokemon sprite instead of Lugia use that just make sure you made a backup). Now on your photoshop screen in the LAYERS/CHANNELS/PATHS box the Lugia sprite should say index or indexed. Now take the Rectangular Marquee tool which is located in the toolbox in the upper left corner (its shaped like a dotted line box).

Select the entire box of the Lugia sprite and then go to EDIT (Overhead Toolbar) CLEAR.

Now open up your custom pokemon sprite (FILE Then OPEN in Photoshop)
There should be your Custom pokemon Sprite and a Background Layer in the LAYERS/CHANNELS/PATHS box. Double click on the background box and it should change from BACKGROUND to LAYER 0.

Then right click Layer 0 and select the option DELETE LAYER. Then find and click the magic wand tool (it right next to the Lasso tool and is diagonal to the Rectangular Marquee) and click on the background of your sprite (the solid colored part, usually white). Then go to the overhead toolbar and press EDIT and then CLEAR. Now your sprite should be in a checker patterned background.
Then Rectangular Marquee your custom pokemon sprite and go to EDIT (Overhead Toolbar) COPY.

Then PASTE your custom sprite in the Lugia Sprite box (which should be empty right now and try to center it as much as possible.)

Then save your custom sprite (the one in the lugia box) MAKE SURE YOU SAVE IT AS A PNG.

REPEAT THIS PROCESS FOR THE BACKSPRITE

I made my own custom pokemon Caponter (Cap-own-ter)

(note CAPO is Boss in italian and NTER is basically the end of Haunter's name so CAPONTER basically means Boss Haunter)

Posted Image (front sprite) (horrible i know)

Posted Image (back sprite)

NOTE IF YOUR HAS WEIRD COLORS THEN JUST RECOLOR IT YOURSELF MANUALLY BY SELECTING PAINTBRUSH AND REPAINT THE AFFECTED AREAS.

IF YOUR SPRITE IS TOO BIG TO FIT IN THE BOX THEN JUST RESIZE IT.

Step 4: REVENGE OF THE unLZ.GBA

Now reopen unLZ-GBA and then open up your ROM again.
Find the Lugia sprite (front)

This time click the button IMPORT and find the location of your custom pokemon sprite (the one that used to be a lugia and now contains your front custom sprite)
Now click OPEN. Your custom sprite should now replace the original Lugia sprite.

Now click WRITE TO ROM and check every box.
Then click OK. Now repeat this process with the back sprite.

If something goes wrong then just repeat the process using the original backup Lugia sprites I asked you to save.

Step 5: FUN TIME

Now open up and extract YAPE from the zip file (use WINZIP/WINACE/WINDOWS EXTRACTOR for this). Then go to the YAPE folder and click the YAPE EXE icon (its shaped as a pokeball)

Now click file and then open in YAPE and find your ROM.
Then once loaded click on typing area under the word NAME
Type in LUGIA.

Once the LUGIA page is loaded its all up you.
Do whatever you want to your custom pokemon.
(to rename Lugia to your custom pokemon's name look in the bottom left corner)
WHEN YOUR DONE PRESS FILE AND SAVE

NOTE: TO MAKE AN ORIGINAL POKEMON EVOLVE INTO YOUR CUSTOM POKEMON.
TYPE IN THE NAME OF THE ORIGINAL POKEMON YOU WANT TO EVOLVE THEN GO TO OTHER STATS/EVOLUTIONS IN YAPE THEN ADD AN EVOLUTION OPTION TO THAT POKEMON FOR EXAMPLE
I MADE HAUNTER EVOLVE INTO CAPONTER AT LEVEL 50.

STEP 6: LETS PLAY

Now download visualboy advance.
Extract the files and click on Visualboy advance exe when finished
Open Visualboy and then press file open and find your ROM and then select it and open it

On your modded PSP just add your ROM to your GPSP folder
in the GAME FOLDER.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users