Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to Speed up your Wii's Wi-fi

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1  Share
nFekt

nFekt

nFekted sKetch

• 5,209 posts
One of my friends from this forum showed me this.
By entering these numbers into your Primary and Secondary DNS, you can speed your Wi-fi up.
People are saying it helps you find matches faster and there is virtually no lag, even on random.

I tried it myself and it worked great, my loading times for online were cut in half.

Here's the info:

"I did a little search the other day a found a DNS sever that improves the Wii's online Wi-Fi. I'll post the info as well as a link to the source that I'm taking this from. Sorry if it's old news to some of you, but it's new to me.

DNS Server

OK so here's what you do:
turn on your Nintendo Wii, go to the Wii Options (bottom-left corner), Wii Settings, Move over to page 2 (Wii System Settings 2), click on: Internet -> Connection Settings -> <choose the connection that's setup for your Wii> -> Change Settings -> Auto-Obtain DNS (a few pages over). Select "No" -> Advanced Setting. Type in the following numbers:

Primary DNS

Secondary DNS
208.67.220.220"

Source: Wi-fi Speed up

Edited by Rogue Zora Warrior, Nov 23 2008, 08:23 PM

#2  Share
shark2005327

shark2005327
  • 536 posts
I might have to give this try. However, I have to ask if this is illegal? I mean, I am not familiar with DNS servers. Also will this work with the DS as well?

#3  Share
Fanboydestroyer

Fanboydestroyer
  • 11,774 posts
I wish my wifi worked in the first place. We have a secure network, but nobody knows the password, so yeah I can't use wifi on anything that includes my Wii, my DS, my PS3, my laptop although that's pretty much dead, and my ipod touch.

But still this sounds intresting. I'll give it a try, just as soon as I figure out my passcode.

Edited by Fanboydestroyer, Nov 24 2008, 10:57 AM

#4  Share
Guest- Milo

Guest- Milo

I might have to give this try. However, I have to ask if this is illegal? I mean, I am not familiar with DNS servers. Also will this work with the DS as well?

I'm sure that it's legal. All you're doing is telling the Wii to access a specific DNS rather than let it attempt to "discover" the best connection it can.

#5  Share
swifty

swifty

boppin

• 20,665 posts

I wish my wifi worked in the first place. We have a secure network, but nobody knows the password, so yeah I can't use wifi on anything that includes my Wii, my DS, my PS3, my laptop although that's pretty much dead, and my ipod touch.

But still this sounds intresting. I'll give it a try, just as soon as I figure out my passcode.

...all you do is go into the Router's Control Panel and find the password. If you have Linksys, it should be under the 'Support' tabs section.

#6  Share
RuneKey

RuneKey

I remember when we couldn't say FUCK on here

• 4,693 posts
I puts it in my wii, and connection seems to be a little faster. Thanks. I guess.

#7  Share
Thirteenthorder

Thirteenthorder
  • 3,543 posts
I'll have to try this out. Nice Find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users