Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Emerald Random Number Generator! (RNG)

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts
[Bannur :U]

Some Nsiders including myself have learned tricks regarding Emerald's RNG and how to use it to breed and catch competitive Pokemon. I've made this thread to:

1. See who has Emerald accessible to them
2. See who wants to learn about Emerald's RNG
3. Teach others about Emerald's RNG
4. Possibly learn about the RNG more then Smogon already has

If you know the RNG like the back of your hand (Or even the front) post here with your name, whether you'd be willing to pass your knowledge onto others, if you want to help contribute more to what we know, what time you're available, and Competitive Pokemon you have gotten from Emerald.

If you want to learn about the RNG, post why you want to learn, what GBA games and devices you have access to, what time you're avalible to learn, and what Competitive Pokemon you've gotten in the past.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here!

Edited by Samnitmar, Mar 23 2009, 06:17 PM

• Llama, Shuck and Joe like this

#2  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts
Breeding Guide:

To start with, you are probably going to want some Pokemon (best to be either Dittos or Smeargle) with good IVs (31s/30s). You'll also want an Everstone to pass natures, a stop watch (if you need one, I've been using this), a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body to make your eggs hatch faster, and some free time.

The first thing you'll want to do is choose a spread. A spread consists of a timing you'll aim for, the IVs passed, which parents pass which IVs, what IVs come out of the blue, and I'll probably add a few notes about what it could be used for. In this thread, I'll post a few of the better spreads, but you can find them all using Emloop, a Japanese Flash application found, but I'll explain how to use this program later in the guide.

So, let's say you want a Pokemon with 31/31/23/31/31/31. Lucky for you, there's a spread that can give you those exact IVs! The spread can be gotten at a timing of 942 frames, or about 15.7 seconds. If a spread is listed in frames, you can divide the number of frames by 60 to get the seconds (in this example, 942/60=15.7). The spread's IVs are 31-B-23-31-B-A. The A in speed is a variable for the first Pokemon in the daycare. If the first Pokemon in daycare has a 31 in its speed IV and you manage to hit this spread, the baby will have a 31 speed IV. The B's stand for variables that pass from the second Pokemon in the daycare. So if r second Pokemon in the daycare has a 31 in attack and a 31 in special defense, and you hit the spread, you'll get a baby with 31s in attack and special defense. The 31 in HP, the 23 in defense, and the 31 in special attack all pass to the baby when you hit the spread.

Now, back to the timing, you're probably wondering WTF? (If you're not, why are you reading this guide?) This timing starts when you Soft Reset the game, (Start the timer when you press A+B+Start+Select) and the timing ends when you press A to clear the message from the man holding the egg saying "Take good care of it." If you've timed it right, hatch the egg, and check the IVs. If you got the IVs you wanted, congratulations! If not, you've probably hit a spread near the one you wanted, so Soft Reset and try it again.

Now you are probably wondering about the Nature, Gender, and whether or not this Pokemon is Shiny. This information is all generated differently then the IVs, so once you save in front of the man holding the egg in front of the daycare, they're all set. If the egg he gives you has the right Nature, Gender and Shiny-ness, you're good to go. If they don't, keep the egg and run around until the man has a new egg. Save in front of him and Soft Reset for your desired timing and spread if the egg now has the correct Nature, Gender, and Shiny-ness.

Emloop Guide: Link Here

So now you know how to use your spreads, but you're not satisfied with the ones I've posted cause you're like that. You can use this program to find all spreads for breeding, wild Pokemon, in-game trades, and stuff you can S/R for like legendaries. (Its also a timer by the way) Best of all though, if you know your Secret ID you can use this program to find shiny spreads! These spreads when used correctly will allow you to get shiny wild Pokemon (Any wild Pokemon!) and legends!

To use the program for finding breeding spreads, the first thing you'll do is click the second button in the top right hand corner. That should bring up a new layout. What you'll do then is check the check box near the Japanese writting with the * button next to it. These buttons will be near the middle on the right side. That will bring up a little box with a bunch of smaller boxes containing A's and B's. You gonna want to fill those boxes with your parent Pokemon's IVs. If you're unsure of the IVs or just want to look at various spreads, you can leave the A's and B's there. Then hit the "X" on the left hand side.

-The box with the letter F beside it is for within how many frames you'll search
-Notice the 6 checkboxes beside the presumable stats? Filling in the number and checking the box will find those specific IVs for you within the frames. If nothing shows up, that means there's nothing within those frames.

After you've exited the box with the IVs (A's and B's if you chose to leave them there), you're going to want to press the middle button right above the white box. This will bring up the first 3000 (iirc) spreads, but keep in mind it will take you about 14 seconds to start up the game. (Going through the "Press Start" crap) The spreads will look something like this:
1F,(0.01秒),がんばりや,B-B-0-B-26-30,[闘55]
(This one just as an example)

This spread will basically translate into this:
1 Frame, (0.01 Seconds), Nature, B/B/0/B/26/30, [HP Type 55]

-Pressing the middle button a second time will result in the next 3000 spreads, again for the next 3000 after and so on.

The stuff you should take away from it will be the IVs and the time it takes. The B IVs pass from the parent in the second slot of the daycare, and the A's will pass from the first parent, though for this example there are no A's. The IVs that are numbers always will be the same for the spread. If you find any great spreads, go ahead and post them and I'll add them to my list!

Shiny Guide: Thanks Zang!
Your shiny spreads are unique to each game, and are determined by your Secret ID and ID. There are three ways to find this out:
Get a shiny you caught in emerald, and find its IVs
Use a flashcart to open a random emerald Pokemon in Pokesav, and check your Secret ID.
Use a GBA AR to find your Secret ID.

Once you get your Secret ID, we need to use Emloop to find your spreads.

Lets say our ID is 31337 and our SID is 00069. We have to enter those into Emloop. Then, you must select the method. There are three methods.

Method 1: For legends, Castform, and Beldum.
Method 2: Wild pokemon.
Method 3: I believe this is for splits, or mixes between spreads. It is irrelevant to this guide though.

Lets say I am looking for a good timid spread. You go to Bulbapedia, and search natures. I go to the page, and a nice chart for translating the Japanese. I want a timid Latias, so it is method 1.

Timid is おくびょう. I click that button until I find a timid spread.

277013F,(4616.88秒),おくびょう,18-20-15-30-26-18,[闘68]★

That is the best one I can find. The first number is the frames.
The one (like this) is the seconds. The next is the nature, which is timid. Then go IVs in HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed. Then [here] is the hidden power, in this case fight 68.
Now I will do the same process for method two, clicking the button below the SID to clear it, and the method 2 button.

15077F,(251.28秒),むじゃき,18-6-25-11-15-28,[超62]★

I find a nice early Nave spread, perfect for Bagon. In this part of the guide, I will tell you how to get method 1s. First, get out your stopwatch.

For my Latias spread, it is 1 hour and 16.948 minutes, or 76.948 minutes. Subtract the delay for the legend. Latias has a delay of 250 frames, or 4.166 seconds. So you need to set the stopwatch at the number. Then, you must save in front of your Pokemon. Practice holding down A B Start Select and the mouse button, and releasing simultaneously. I reset the game, and release the mouse button to start the timer, and the game buttons, at the same time. Then you have to press A when the timer hits your number. If you are late, adjust to press a tad earlier, and vice versa.

For wild Pokemon, method 2s, you need a synchronizer, in my case, a naive one. Then you look on the spreadsheet to see where the first naive spread is, before or after. If it is before, try timing .01 seconds late. If it is after, go earlier. Subtract 5.27 seconds if you use Oddish as a sweet scenter, 5.77 for Tropius. You do the same as legends, and hope for the best. Use a nice ball to compliment your shiny, and never give up hope that you will hit the timing.

Edited by Samnitmar, Mar 23 2009, 06:17 PM

#3  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts
Spreads:

942 Frames, (15.7 Seconds),31-B-23-31-B-A
Commonly referred to as the Quint23 Spread. Can give close to flawless mixed attack with fast timing. (31/31/23/31/31/31)

944 Frames, (15.73 Seconds), B-19-A-30-30-B
Gives close to flawless Hidden Power Ground (HP Ground 70 31/19/31/30/30/31).
Best Hidden Power Fighting (HP Fighting 70 31/19/30/30/30/30)

2391 Frames, (39.85 Seconds), 31-4-31-A-A-B
Gives flawless Special Attacker (31/4/31/31/31/31).

15117 Frames, (251.95 Seconds), 31-B-A-21-31-A
Gives flawless Physical Attacker (31/31/31/21/31/31).

13727 Frames, (228.78 Seconds), 31-19-B-B-A-31
Gives just about flawless Hidden Power Electric (HP Electric 70 31/19/31/30/31/31).

31280 Frames, (521.33 Seconds), 29-A-A-B-31-31
Gives close to completely flawless. Off by 2 HP points. Could be good mixed attacker. (29/31/31/31/31/31).

1385 Frames, (23.08 Seconds), 27-31-30-B-B-30
Gives HP Fighting 70, HP Fire 70, and HP Rock 70 (27/31/30/30/30/30 for Fighting, 27/31/30/30/31/30 for Fire, 27/31/30/31/30/30 for Rock)

Also, lots of credit goes to Smogon and whoever created Emloop for not just the spreads, but everything. Thanks Smogonites and Japs ;)

Edited by DeNin, Mar 13 2009, 01:39 PM
Frames :U

• Llama and Shuck like this

#4  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts
Emloop Guide Video:

Edited by Samnitmar, Feb 27 2009, 06:20 PM

#5  Share
Schneizel el Britannia

Schneizel el Britannia

Too late for the Code Geass fanbus?

• 7,412 posts
Is this really such a huge thing that you need to personally teach us? I'd like to know because it's interesting, but I don't have Emerald.
Posted Image
Within the spreading darkness we exchanged our vows of revolution

#6  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts

Is this really such a huge thing that you need to personally teach us? I'd like to know because it's interesting, but I don't have Emerald.

Well, we can have most of it learned by each person individually, but for some things, depending on the person, they might need extra help, which is where the "Teachers" come in.
  • Joe likes this

#7  Share
Biggest NSiderBianca

Bianca

Princess~

• 56,284 posts
Does it involve any math skills?

#8  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts

Can you divide by 60? :P That's all you'll need iirc.
  • Joe likes this

#9  Share
CokeClassic

CokeClassic

Bob's Sig Maker

• 11,879 posts
I have all the GBA poke games. I think I know where they're all located.. but I don't know the pokemon inside of them.. they're probably crap.
Posted Image

#10  Share
Kidflash_

Kidflash_
  • 6,062 posts
I have a question about the quint-31 spread. What parents need to have what IVs and what should their slot placement be?
Posted Image
Pearl FC: 0387 5669 0292
PBR FC: 0086 9636 7212
No longer making Naruto AMVs! But feel free to check out my youtube page for gameplay vids. My Page
LastT AMV

#11  Share
Zang

Zang

hi

• 5,498 posts
Coke, I'm jelous of your duck award

Oh and I'm a teacher
Posted Image

#12  Share
Biggest NSiderBianca

Bianca

Princess~

• 56,284 posts

Can you divide by 60? :P That's all you'll need iirc.

I have a calculator that can do that, so count me in. SB says I need a good Gengar for my team, but I don't trust the kids I live near to trade and trade back, so I can't breed one on Pearl. And everything I breed in Emerald ends up crappy. I have all the GBA games, two of Emerald. Am online most days from 7PM-12 AM EST.

#13  Share
Samnitmar

Samnitmar

HATERS GONNA HATE

• 9,186 posts

I have all the GBA poke games. I think I know where they're all located.. but I don't know the pokemon inside of them.. they're probably crap.

OKay, are you interested in learning about Emerald's RNG?

@KidFlash: I'm not sure what you mean by Quint31 Spread. I'm aware of a Quint23 (31/31/23/31/31/31) Spread and a Quint28 (31/31/31/31/28/31) spread. Are you referring to one of those?

#14  Share
Kidflash_

Kidflash_
  • 6,062 posts
Yea I mean quint23, my bad.
Posted Image
No longer making Naruto AMVs! But feel free to check out my youtube page for gameplay vids. My Page
LastT AMV

#15  Share
Zang

Zang

hi

• 5,498 posts

I have a question about the quint-31 spread. What parents need to have what IVs and what should their slot placement be?

Quint23?
Slot 1: X/X/X/X/X/31
Slot 2: X/31/X/X/31/X
Posted Image

#16  Share
CokeClassic

CokeClassic

Bob's Sig Maker

• 11,879 posts
yes.
Posted Image

#17  Share
Kidflash_

Kidflash_
  • 6,062 posts

Quint23?
Slot 1: X/X/X/X/X/31
Slot 2: X/31/X/X/31/X

Ok thanks for clearing that up. ^^
Posted Image
LastT AMV

#18  Share
JC6  

JC6

Psycho Umbreon

• 17,249 posts
I'd like to learn about this. I have all the gba games and i'm usually online from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. and then again from about 9 p.m. until i go to sleep, i work from 3:30 until 8:30 EST on a funky schedule. I'm always off on Mondays.

nintendoforumssig.gif
Diamond:4468 0437 0563, Rex
Pearl: 2493 3392 2616, JC6
Platinum: 3695 5906 1566, Joe
Soul Silver: 2107 0837 7482, Joe
Heart Gold: 0603 8602 3910, Rex
GOLDEN SUN DARK DAWN IS HERE
umbreon_morph.gif

umbreon instantly makes this thread awesome

#19  Share
Unreal Portal

Unreal Portal

Unreality- Serving nothing since -2009

• 2,984 posts
I'd like to learn. I'm on almost all the time except for school. I have everything but Saphire and Pearl.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20  Share
PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac

Diloon pwns my

• 10,164 posts
I'd like to learn and am available pretty much everyday except late Friday afternoon and early evening.
I have all of the GBA games except Emerald (had it, lost it, wish I have it now). I do have Pearl and Diamond. Also because Ima's being sneaky about keeping it a secret from me.

Edited by PkmnManiac, Feb 8 2009, 09:12 PM

Please click on the egg or hatchling and help them to grow up.[/size]Posted Image]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users