Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Super Mario Bros wii is not working because of system update

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1  Share
Kirby988

Kirby988
  • Cappy
  • 34 posts
I just bought New Super Mario Bros Wii and was getting ready to play it when I saw that it needed to update my Wii in order to play. I started the update and left it to update for a few minuets and it made no progress at all. I restarted the update and it did the same thing. does anyone know what is going on with my Wii? Thanks to anyone who can help.

#2  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• Knights of HyruleLead KoH
  • 36,130 posts
The process is supposed to look like that.

Be patient and try again, you will be surprised at the jump.

#3  Share
Kirby988

Kirby988
  • Cappy
  • 34 posts

The process is supposed to look like that.

Be patient and try again, you will be surprised at the jump.

I have tried it many times and it still is not showing the blue progress bar. How long does the update ussually take?

#4  Share
Kirby988

Kirby988
  • Cappy
  • 34 posts
I have left it updating for as long as 15 minuets and still cant see the progress bar.

#5  Share
Knights of HyruleErdrick  

Erdrick

Hero of Dragfela

• Knights of HyruleKnights of Hyrule
  • 76,303 posts
When it does that, it's because you got nothing to update usually. :/

#6  Share
Top Karterpurple_beard

purple_beard
  • Top KarterTop Karter
  • 16,082 posts
if your stuff was already updated then maybe you can just go ahead and get going. Mine didn't prompt for a update to run when I loaded it.

#7  Share
Kirby988

Kirby988
  • Cappy
  • 34 posts
I dont think I already have the update because when I insert the game disc it says "Wii System Update" on the disc channel amd when I click it it makes me update my Wii.

#8  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• Knights of HyruleLead KoH
  • 36,130 posts
You should not be able to be prompted to update your Wii if you already have the latest firmware.

If that is the case, that therefore means that you do have an outdated firmware, and must wait for it to update your Wii from the disc.

Just keep on waiting.

#9  Share
Kirby988

Kirby988
  • Cappy
  • 34 posts
My Wii has been updating for an hour and a half and it still has not made any progress. it it possible that somthing is wrong with my Wii. It will not update with the game disk or by connecting it to the internet. What I dont understand is that It will connect to the internet, the browser will work, and I can play games online but it will not download the update...

#10  Share
PSB

PSB
  • Hammer Bro
  • 4,971 posts
Call Nintendo. 1-800-255-3700

It should update faster than that.

#11  Share
Clorox

Clorox

Oddworld Inhabitant

• Space Pirate
  • 17,693 posts
or, update the wii thru the Wii system menu, instead of the Autoprompt.

#12  Share
EZLO21  

EZLO21

Owner of Zelda 101.com

• Kong
  • 9,563 posts
Or have you all forgot that it maybe his or her Router and Internet Connection and not the update itself?

If you have a modem or however it is spelled is messing up unless it is brand new may need to be replaced if it is not working correctly or it could be messing up on him/her from over use and may need to be replaced with a brand new one.

This is just an idea and possible suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users