Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How much does Pokemon Soul silver cost?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1  Share
yoshiblue2

yoshiblue2
  • 2,103 posts
I thought it was $35 or $40 for the most but some gamestop employee said it was $60. :\

#2  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 38,974 posts
The MSRP for SoulSilver is $39.99.

#3  Share
The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan  

The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan

Mario isn't a game, it's a way of life

• 10,529 posts
I beg to differ. I pre-ordered the game for $34.99, and that's what Gamestop is offering for it as well. I've only seen Square price their DS games up to $40.

#4  Share
SgtPrinny117

SgtPrinny117
  • 63 posts
I bought my copy for $40 with the PokeWalker.

#5  Share
Garrus

Garrus

A Delicious Concoction

• 7,424 posts
$40

#6  Share
yoshiblue2

yoshiblue2
  • 2,103 posts
Is it $35 ir $40?

#7  Share
Perry Mason

Perry Mason

Plumber In-Training

• 38,021 posts
I got it for $39... but I only had to pay $37 after pre ordering it.

#8  Share
The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan  

The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan

• 10,529 posts
I don't know where the forty dollars is coming from, but you guys got ripped off.

SoulSilver Price

$35.00. Less actually, more like $32.50.

#9  Share
Smashedfly

Smashedfly

Blind Legislacerator

• 5,921 posts
$39.99 was the price of the limited edition boxed versions that came with a plastic Ho-oh/Lugia figure.

#10  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 38,974 posts
TUMF:

As you can see on that page, it shows a price of $39.99 being crossed off, which is the MSRP (synonymous with a name like "List Price" or anything implying that it was worth a different price).

The MSRP of SoulSilver, as given by Nintendo of America through PR, is $39.99, but Amazon just chooses to go with a different (and pretty good, I might add) price. This can be said for any other retailer that doesn't sell the game for $39.99, as the MSRP is only a suggestion for how much it should be sold ideally. Nothing more.

#11  Share
The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan  

The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan

• 10,529 posts

TUMF:

As you can see on that page, it shows a price of $39.99 being crossed off, which is the MSRP (synonymous with a name like "List Price" or anything implying that it was worth a different price).

The MSRP of SoulSilver, as given by Nintendo of America through PR, is $39.99, but Amazon just chooses to go with a different (and pretty good, I might add) price. This can be said for any other retailer that doesn't sell the game for $39.99, as the MSRP is only a suggestion for how much it should be sold ideally. Nothing more.

Granted on the MSRP bit. I suppose properly, the price the manufacturer wants people to pay is $40.

However, remember the thread is asking how much it costs and what you can get it for, and most places from my experience offer below $40. You don't have to look hard at all to find it cheaper, so logically speaking I would say the game price is generally cheaper than $40, which is what I was trying to get across.

#12  Share
JC6  

JC6

Psycho Umbreon

• 17,101 posts
If you act quick, you can get $7 off and free shipping if you order off Gamestop.com(for the 1st 1,500 customers).

#13  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 38,974 posts

TUMF:

Granted on the MSRP bit. I suppose properly, the price the manufacturer wants people to pay is $40.

However, remember the thread is asking how much it costs and what you can get it for, and most places from my experience offer below $40. You don't have to look hard at all to find it cheaper, so logically speaking I would say the game price is generally cheaper than $40, which is what I was trying to get across.

That's right.

I only said the MSRP of the game to give the OP the idea of how ridiculous the price he was told it was being sold for at GameStop according to an employee ($60).

#14  Share
Subject Delta

Subject Delta
  • 11,475 posts
40$

#15  Share
Cryptic  

Cryptic

A wizard did it.

• 8,820 posts

I don't know where the forty dollars is coming from, but you guys got ripped off.

SoulSilver Price

$35.00. Less actually, more like $32.50.

I am a bit confused...but I'm going to assume by "Software Only" it means that it includes the Pokewalker, but not the figurine, correct? It doesn't mean "Software Only" as in you do not get the Pokewalker, right?

HeartGold dropped to below $30, and with SoulSilver being $32.50, the total comes to about $62. That's a great deal compared to the $80+ you'd have to pay in stores for both of them.

#16  Share
PTHaMan

PTHaMan
  • 3,085 posts
It was 40 bucks at Wal-mart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users