Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Animal Crossing General Discussion

Animal Crossing 3DS Animal Crossing 3DS Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
8994 replies to this topic

#2061  Share
Guest- Luna

Guest- Luna
I'm debating, too, but for a different reason: Animal Crossing is cursed for me.

I've already said this like six times in this thread, but I lost my ACGC town to a memory card failure, and I lost my Wild World town's cartridge. I still have City Folk, but... that's City Folk.

If I get it via cartridge, I'll probably lose the cartridge eventually. But if I get it digitally, like I want to... I might be risking my entire 3DS.

#2062  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 39,548 posts
Digital all the way.

#2063  Share
Melons

Melons
  • 40,779 posts
I'm only going cart so I can resell, if I get bored of it.

I most likely won't though, all this new stuff seems too fun.

#2064  Share
Fuzzer1

Fuzzer1

May or may not be an avid Uncyclopedia reader. [1]

• 4,028 posts
Not sure yet.

How many points do 3DS games cost in the eShop?

#2065  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 39,548 posts

Not sure yet.

How many points do 3DS games cost in the eShop?

None. They all go by their MSRP value.

#2066  Share
IxU  

IxU

Hot-Blooded Diamont

• 2,048 posts

Oh, and here is a video of the Golden Slingshot.

There's a reason why the slingshot first appeared in Animal Crossing Wild World, and they still seem to not understand it. The DS's top screen provided a constant, clear view of the sky above the player's town, and made the slingshot an appealing item to include in the experience. City Folk and New Leaf do not have that, and so I'm wondering why bother including the item in the new game. It just doesn't fit.

#2067  Share
Fuzzer1

Fuzzer1

• 4,028 posts

None. They all go by their MSRP value.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info!

#2068  Share
Coolguy11

Coolguy11

Coolest Guy Ever

• 17,181 posts
Hello everyone and welcome to a new day! Bringing us one day closer to the release of ACNL outside of Japan, whenever that may be. Anyway, found some cool screenshots today. :3
Spoiler

Edited by Coolguy11, Nov 20 2012, 05:44 PM

#2069  Share
Fuzzer1

Fuzzer1

• 4,028 posts
The second Town Hall style looks like it came sraight out of Russian history!
  • Coolguy11 likes this

#2070  Share
Ferry

Ferry
  • 1,780 posts
Coolguy, the fruit is called 'Persimmon'
  • Coolguy11 likes this

#2071  Share
Fuzzer1

Fuzzer1

• 4,028 posts
Haven't heard of that before!

Also, according to Animal Crossing City, the US release date is May 1st, 2013.

Im not buying it though, as I can't find any news articles confirming it yet!

#2072  Share
Carl321  

Carl321

• 17,789 posts

New theory on the orange fruit with the green top: it's unlikely to be the Kiwano because, let's face it, nobody cuts fruit while they're on a tree and leave it to rot until someone gets it. Anyone think it may be the persimmon?

Called it FIRST :B

Also, that doesn't look like a whale shark... that looks more like a small basking shark

Edited by Carl321, Nov 20 2012, 04:45 PM

• Coolguy11 and Ferry like this

#2073  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 39,548 posts

Haven't heard of that before!

Also, according to Animal Crossing City, the US release date is May 1st, 2013.

Im not buying it though, as I can't find any news articles confirming it yet!

They probably picked it up from GameStop's listing. That date lands on a Wednesday, and Nintendo traditionally only releases its retail games on Sundays, so I really doubt it's that along with their release date of March 31st for Fire Emblem Awakening.

#2074  Share
Carl321  

Carl321

• 17,789 posts
After hitting the Googlemobile, it seems the Whale Shark is, indeed, unrealistically tiny [infant status nonwithstanding] and colored quite oddly.

Posted Image

Edited by Carl321, Nov 20 2012, 04:59 PM

#2075  Share
Guest- Luna

Guest- Luna
Consider that we do still need to, you know, be able to catch them and hold them. I'm willing to give suspension of disbelief.

#2076  Share
Coolguy11

Coolguy11

Coolest Guy Ever

• 17,181 posts
Agreed. Was surprised it was so small, but I guess it makes sense so we can actually hold it after catching it. I thought it would at least be bigger inside the house, so that's why I was surprised to see it was still small when placed in that screenshot. :P

Also, the music HERE reminds me of the Wii Shop music. Never had a DSi so can't judge from that. shy;

#2077  Share
Carl321  

Carl321

• 17,789 posts
Hey, if we can carry space shuttles in our pocket, I don't find a whaleshark unrealistic. I WAS, however, expecting it to at least appear huge. There's still plenty of screen space to take up there.

#2078  Share
Ferry

Ferry
  • 1,780 posts
A thought about the lantern fish/whale shark in house picture. The lantern fish looks like a lamp and if you look at the table, that's the one you get from the fishing contest, right? So I'd assume it'd be another reward from the contest.

Edit: last night I also decided on what my town's gonna be called. It'll be Turtlbay (if it's gonna be more than 8 letters restriction I'll add the 'e')

Edited by Ferry, Nov 20 2012, 06:27 PM

#2079  Share
Fuzzer1

Fuzzer1

• 4,028 posts

They probably picked it up from GameStop's listing. That date lands on a Wednesday, and Nintendo traditionally only releases its retail games on Sundays, so I really doubt it's that along with their release date of March 31st for Fire Emblem Awakening.

Same here.

Gamestop shouldn't be deceiving us!

#2080  Share
Guest- Luna

Guest- Luna
Protip, guys: when a date has not been announced, and retailers give either the 1st, 15th, or 30th/31st as the date, it is going to be a placeholder date 99% of the time. Especially if said date is either January 1st or December 31st.

By the way, Nintendo occasionally releases games on Fridays (Xenoblade, Star Fox 64 3D - although this one may be due to September 11) and Mondays (Rhythm Heaven Fever, Last Specter) as well. Usually not Wednesdays, though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Animal Crossing, 3DS, Animal Crossing 3DS, Nintendo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users