Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Memoirs of a Pokemon Trainer: Silver Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
Well, um, congratulations! My saying that is a little anticlimactic now, but oh well. :P The community has changed in appearance only; we're still the same at heart (or at least, I hope so).

Yeah, I know you're a Daniel-Laura shipper. This is a classic case of romantic tension being torturously dragged out in a long-running series.

I don't know whether you should be happy or sad, either. XB

#182  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
But no place to chat. :( Oh well... And thanks. :P

Lol I don't entirely know what you mean by "shipper", but if you meant something akin to "fan" or "hopeful", I guess I have to agree. ;) But if the only time there's any indication of their romance in all of this story is my cameo from one or two years ago, I'll definitely be sad. :(

#183  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
Yeah. :( You're welcome. ;)

Uh-oh, it looks like I have to teach Seasona internet terms again. :P The word "shipper" is derived from the word "relationship", and yes, you basically got the gist - it's a fan of a relationship between two characters. Anyway, I can't promise anything, but it is something I may touch upon. Let's just say it's a complicated issue...

#184  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
Lol Well thanks for the clarification, but I wish you would be less vague with your response to my concerns about their relationship ever seeing the official light of day.

#185  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
Well, what do you want from me? :P Should I destroy your suspension of disbelief by discussing my actual thoughts as the author, or do you just want to keep reading and see how it goes?

#186  Share
Cepheus

Cepheus

Cucco Out Of Hell

• 8,228 posts
He's just not confident he can do romance, I'd wager.

#187  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
I'm beginning to wonder that myself, KoD.

If that is the case, Goron, just remember that I and probably the rest of your fanbase doesn't ask for much, so as long as you handle it a little better than the anime (what with introducing a romance sub-plot and then throwing it off a cliff randomly without any closure or discussion whatsoever), I'm sure we'll all be happy. :P

#188  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
I was afraid that was the conclusion you guys would come to...

But it is false. I am confident enough in my ability to write romance, and in fact have done it before (I can prove this when I re-post PoS). However, it is a little more difficult in this story. Keep in mind that this whole thing is a revival of my old notebook version, which was very simplistic, and did not have any romantic subplots. Whether I want to introduce that now is a complicated matter, because I have to consider how it will affect the flow of the story. That's not to say I can't touch upon the subject at all, but I can't just throw it out there haphazardly, either.

So, since you asked... Well, to be honest, you probably shouldn't be getting your hopes up. However, if you're just dying to know whether they even have any kind of feelings for each other, I may have the opportunity to address that. I have a certain part of the story in mind, so you'll have to be patient. ;)

#189  Share
Redneckzilla

Redneckzilla

The One and Only

• 15,436 posts

@Redneck: Thanks, though I wish you would be a little more talkative. :P

Sorry, I'm the kind of guy that reads for entertainment, and I don't like to analyze things I like. On too many occasions it ruins them :(

#190  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts

@Redneck: Thanks, though I wish you would be a little more talkative. :P

Sorry, I'm the kind of guy that reads for entertainment, and I don't like to analyze things I like. On too many occasions it ruins them :(

Lol, fair enough.

#191  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
Considering the discussion we had about my cameo all that while back, I'd have to guess that there is, but we'll allow you to throw it in whenever you want, I suppose.

Although I must admit, I kind of resent your dismissal of the sub-plot just because it wasn't in the "simple original". You know how much I've beefed out Cot9K just based on our discussions. One sub-plot, I highly doubt, will so throw off the flow that you'll never finish or be able to tie it in adequately. :P

#192  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
I don't remember exactly what we discussed concerning the cameo. XB

I'm not dismissing the subplot. I'm just saying I might want to be careful about how to incorporate it. Give me a break here, will you? :P Don't worry, you'll be getting it sooner or later. In any case, I will certainly take your sentiments into consideration when I write the next chapter(s). Happy? :P

#193  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
Lol Well don't sound forced into a corner, now. :P You do what you feel you have to... I'm just happy to see it eventually, even if I comment that it never comes up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users