Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do I cancel downloads in Steam?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1  Share
AdamNW

AdamNW

Dendi

• 32,077 posts
I found out that I couldn't run Alien Swarm so I went to cancel the download, only I couldn't figure out how. I can pause it and tried to delete the content, but that causes the program to crash.

#2  Share
Blue.Frog

Blue.Frog

Daily dose

• 4,382 posts

I found out that I couldn't run Alien Swarm so I went to cancel the download, only I couldn't figure out how. I can pause it and tried to delete the content, but that causes the program to crash.

Try letting it install then uninstalling it.
Posted Image

#3  Share
One Man Freak Show

One Man Freak Show

I <3 Super Mario World

• 47,733 posts
You don't.

#4  Share
AdamNW

AdamNW

Dendi

• 32,077 posts
What the ****? That's the stupidest thing I've heard this week.

Edited by AdamNW, Aug 14 2010, 08:40 PM

#5  Share
One Man Freak Show

One Man Freak Show

I <3 Super Mario World

• 47,733 posts

Yeah, the only thing you can do is pause them or just wait for them to finish so you can delete them. starfoxa; I put Steam on my partitioned drive and it started a bunch of downloads that I can't get rid of.

#6  Share
Blue.Frog

Blue.Frog

Daily dose

• 4,382 posts

Yeah, the only thing you can do is pause them or just wait for them to finish so you can delete them. starfoxa; I put Steam on my partitioned drive and it started a bunch of downloads that I can't get rid of.

That's why I don't ever let it sign in for me.
Posted Image

#7  Share
Monheim

Monheim
  • 30,859 posts
You pause the download and delete local content, that's how it's done. If that causes Steam to crash I dunno what to tell you.

#8  Share
gutsack

gutsack

Ichiban Kowaii

• 12,156 posts
delete local content you noobs
Posted Image

#9  Share
sçy1192

sçy1192
  • 37,781 posts
delete clientregistry.blob in program files\steam and steamapps\common\alien swarm (the whole folder) if it isn't working through Steam

#10  Share
Yosuke Hanamura

Yosuke Hanamura

We're the HoneyBurlars: We steal your honey and your honeys

• 13,993 posts
I always just pause and delete the local content, but if that's not working for you, I don't know what would work.
...of DOOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users