Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How many "blocks" does the 3DS have?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1  Share
GreatEvan007

GreatEvan007
  • 3,414 posts
Just wondering.. And how much storage space does it have?

#2  Share
The_Albraskan  

The_Albraskan
  • 17,125 posts
That is a very good question. I wouldn't know since I haven't seen anything about it's memory, other than you get a 2GB SD card.

#3  Share
sçy1192

sçy1192
  • 37,781 posts
I really hope they stopped using "blocks" for storage space. Nothing beats the 'ole MB. Well maybe MiB.

#4  Share
TESSERACT

TESSERACT

I'm the new king, I'll take the queen.

• 8,154 posts
Yeah I hate the block system too. Why do they use that anyway?

#5  Share
sçy1192

sçy1192
  • 37,781 posts

Yeah I hate the block system too. Why do they use that anyway?

probably to make the 512KB Gamecube memory card and 512MB Wii system storage look larger than it is

#6  Share
Kouya Aotsuki  

Kouya Aotsuki

Member of Musikus

• 6,539 posts
It has 1.5 GB of mem from what I found on Wikipedia, although since it's Wikipedia I'm not sure whether or not to trust it. But at 1.5 GB that translates into about 6000 blocks, it'll be a little bit less then that. I just hope that it does have 1.5 GB of mem.

For every 3.9 MB you get one block.

Edited by Mrleelongi, Mar 5 2011, 03:57 AM

#7  Share
avalonknight

avalonknight
  • 1,894 posts

It has 1.5 GB of mem from what I found on Wikipedia, although since it's Wikipedia I'm not sure whether or not to trust it. But at 1.5 GB that translates into about 6000 blocks, it'll be a little bit less then that. I just hope that it does have 1.5 GB of mem.

For every 3.9 MB you get one block.

That would sound about right, since formatting a media will leave you with less memory due to some technical details I don't wanna get into. Although I think taking away about 25% of I assume is a 2GB card is killer. (Sure, a formatted 2MB floppy disk is left with 1.44MB of space, but those are the old days.)

#8  Share
Future Quote

Future Quote

slowpoke

• 13,175 posts
As much as you want, considering the SD card slot.

If you mean built in memory, it comes with a 2 gig SD card. I'm not sure about built in memory, though.

#9  Share
Extraz

Extraz
  • 30,662 posts
the SD slot is SDHC so anywhere from the lowest supported card to 32GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users