Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3DS L&R buttons not working

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
Hey all,

So as the title said my 3DS L&R buttons are not working. They stopped working 2 days after Mario Kart 7 came out which makes playing the game a little hard. It would be nice to be able to drift and use items. On top of that I can't really play the GBA games that just came out either except for Metroid Fusion and WarioWare.

So does anyone know of a good way to resolve this issue? I have tried using a clean, dry toothbrush to clean out the buttons and that failed. I have a repair set up with Nintendo right now but if I can get this fixed without sending to them that'd be great!

#2  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

Vaati's Most Powerful Minion

• 603 posts
No idea how that would happen. Does the R and L buttons work when your not playing MK7? Also did you dropped it or spilled anything on it recently?

I'm not sure if this will work but I used my old friend Google to look for a fix. This video seems to have alot of comments and likes that is good, but not all got fixed. But you can try this. It seems the only way to get it fully working is sending to Nintendo.

Edited by Karazeru, Dec 18 2011, 10:46 AM

#3  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
The buttons don't work at all and I have not dropped the system or spilled anything on it.

I watched that video before and tried it. The buttons worked for maybe an hour then stopped again. Guess I will just have to send the system to Nintendo tomorrow.

Edited by kaminari1, Dec 18 2011, 10:49 AM

#4  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts
I edited my post up there, If that don't work then I'm not sure what to tell you. I could keep researching for you but best chances are is getting Nintendo to fix it.

#5  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to find another way to fix the buttons and it seems that my only option at this point is to send it to Nintendo. Oh well, at least they are fast with repairs.

#6  Share
Knights of HyruleChrom  

Chrom

運命を変える

• 38,735 posts
Also, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Have you tried blowing into the buttons? I had similar problems before and that usually fixed it for a while, but I wouldn't know of a way to fix it for good unless you want to get it repaired or take it apart to find the problem.

#7  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts
Mine works fine since I use it for my Camera. What causes this problem anyway?

#8  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
I think the issue with my buttons is that seeing as how I take it everywhere (mainly work) there may be some pocket lint in the buttons. I tried blowing as hard as I can and it still only fixes it for a little while or at least it used to. Now when I blow in it and it doesn't do anything. I am going to try and get a can of compressed air later today but I doubt that is going to work since blowing in it seemed to stop working.

#9  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts
Sadly I think blowing your 3DS is only temporary.

#10  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
Oh yeah, it is. Don't wanna blow in it too much either because of moisture.

And it seems you ranked up Karazeru!

#11  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts

Oh yeah, it is. Don't wanna blow in it too much either because of moisture.

And it seems you ranked up Karazeru!

Well hopefully you can get it fixed soon so you can enjoy MK7. (: I can't wait until I get the game myself but it's gonna take awhile sadly.

I've noticed. That's my second rank up today. I doubt I can get the next one though, Might take a few days as long as I stay active. Who doesn't like active people? :D

#12  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
It should only take Nintendo a few days to fix the buttons after they get it so I'm hoping to the have my 3DS back before the end of the year. Should only take like 10 days or so. And at least I got Skyward Sword to play until I get it back.

#13  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts
Skyward Sword is great. I put about 50-60 hours total into it now. I have to find the time to finish it.

And yeah Nintendo should beable to fix it for you in 10 days at most. I guess it depends.

#14  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
I got about 45 hours into the game right now. I am just about to get the
Spoiler
but I am taking a break from that and I am doing all the side quests.

#15  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts

I got about 45 hours into the game right now. I am just about to get the

Spoiler
but I am taking a break from that and I am doing all the side quests.

You mean when you get the Sacred Flame? Cause I'm at the part where I'm getting the last part of the song of the hero..

#16  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
......I hope I didn't spoil the game for you now. I am past the part you're at. I got the flames and completed the song of heroes. Once you finish the song of heroes you be where I am at right now.

#17  Share
Karazeru

Karazeru

• 603 posts
It's no problem, I knew at some point in the game you will have to get the Triforce anyway. It was already revealed to me at some point near the end.

#18  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
Ah okay then, now I don't feel as bad for mentioning it.

#19  Share
PlumberShirona  

Shirona

ぶっかけ

• 116,681 posts
Probably poor connection to the contacts, or you've managed to wear said contacts down. You probably will not be able to fix it without opening it.

I would send your 3DS into Nintendo.

Edited by Leader Erika, Dec 18 2011, 01:57 PM

#20  Share
kaminari1

kaminari1
  • 4,104 posts
The consensus around the internet is to just send it to Nintendo for a repair so that is what I am going to do tomorrow. I'm not even going to bother with the compressed air (saves me $10 too).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users