Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Whats the selling point for Wii U for you?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1  Share
D13DS

D13DS
  • 19 posts
I've heard alot of reason WHY someone may NOT get the Wii U.....<br><br>For the people that have already&nbsp;&nbsp;decided...YES im getting on whats your reason...<br><br>I'll start... For me a selling point is its backward compatible with Wii Controllers, Accessories, and Games...Which is great for me since Ive already purchased these items... Also the announcement that it will be available in black because everything i have in my entertainment center is black Wii, PS3, even my 3ds. Im HONESTLY not impressed with the Line up but New Super Mario Wii U seems like it could keep me busy long enough to wait on more titles i maybe interested in also my Gf loves rayman so thats a plus Also Nintendo Land (which im assuming is going to be packed in). Last was the connectivity between the Wii U and 3DS im interested in how that plays out ..

Edited by D13DS, Jun 27 2012, 08:55 PM

#2  Share
Kouya Aotsuki  

Kouya Aotsuki

Member of Musikus

• 6,722 posts
For me, it's what people are calling the gimmick, the GamePad. I like what possibilities that it brings to the world of gameplay. I don't like how people are like, let's live in the stone age of gaming forever, NO FUCKING GIMMICKS PLEASE!!!! Fine keep your stale gaming, and I know Wii U still have traditional gaming controls, but it's that screen and the motion gameplay it can offer. It's just very interesting to me.

#3  Share
Reilly  

Reilly

Are you awesome, or are you awesome?

• 6,528 posts
The selling point for me is the possibility of having a Zelda game where I can do this:

Posted Image
  • Kezay, alienboyva, Subrosian and 1 other like this

#4  Share
Kouya Aotsuki  

Kouya Aotsuki

Member of Musikus

• 6,722 posts

The selling point for me is the possibility of having a Zelda game where I can do this:

Posted Image

Reilly found a GamePad!

#5  Share
GAMEGUY1975  

GAMEGUY1975
  • 1,797 posts
For me, it's the HD and 5.1 sound. All the various control possibilities are just a plus. Nintendo is trying to make "the" console for this gen, and they may have it!

#6  Share
TheGreenSpark

TheGreenSpark
  • 1,584 posts
Pikmin 3

#7  Share
Weaver  

Weaver

b-air

• 47,671 posts
The promise of what's to come.

#8  Share
InvincibleZora

Zora

Iridium's Zora

• 43,534 posts
I haven't been sold on the Wii U yet. But, like any other console before it, games will be the selling point.

#9  Share
Igneous42  

Igneous42

Epic User of furious thunder

• 22,147 posts

Pretty much this. There is nothing that Nintendo has done that has really sold me on the Wii U other than being Nintendo. If money is tight when he Wii U launches I'll currently have no problem putting it off for awhile. I don't expect it to be and will probably buy one at launch but not because I'm super hyped for the console yet but rather it's a Nintendo system.

That said I do think the Wii U gamepad has good potential. I'm excited to see what they do with it. More so than I was/am for the Wii remote. I can honestly say here at the end of the Wii's life there are barely any games where I think the motions controller really made the game a lot better. Whereas with the Wii U gamepad even minimum use of it could be pretty cool, having a map/ui features on the controller instead of the big screen alone is pretty cool.

#10  Share
Subrosian  

Subrosian
  • 1,355 posts
I actually believe what they say about the new possibilities with the GamePad. Plus Nintendo games in HD!

#11  Share
Dr. MS

Dr. MS

Now especially lovable!

• 1,661 posts
Nintendo games.

#12  Share
Porky

Porky

Spankety, spankety, spankety!

• 2,044 posts
Nintendo games first, the possibilities with the Gamepad second.

#13  Share
Guest- Wonder Pink

Guest- Wonder Pink
Nintendo system
/thread

#14  Share
link123mega

link123mega
  • 2,922 posts
Transfer of all my games. That seals the deal, but I was already getting it cause I want Smash Bros.

Other factors include:

Online (if it is better and I can chat with my friends, awesome) but all I can hope for is that I don't need a friend code for every single game...

Miiverse/gamertags, I guess Achievements or whatever they are going to call them...Accomplishments or what not if they unlock items or something

The Gamepad...it looks cool and I can chat with friends and take my game to another room will be nice

The fact that I don't have to get new controllers except possibly a second gamepad and the Pro Controller

I really don't see what everyone is complaining about. It's going to take me a while to get used to the Wii U and set things up, so I don't really need a big title for launch...even so, I'm excited for Batman, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and that's enough for my wallet at the moment.

#15  Share
Guest- LUIGITORNADO

Guest- LUIGITORNADO
It's the next Nintendo console. That's all that is important.

#16  Share
D13DS

D13DS
  • 19 posts
The Wii U game Pad is also a selling point but when i saw the Pro Controller I was also excited. Like a Previous poster mention its going to be about the games Im personally hoping for a great racing simulator (like GT5) for the Wii U.

Zelda HD? Thats just going to be EPIC and a Mario 3d platform in HD is going to be GREAT!

#17  Share
D13DS

D13DS
  • 19 posts

Pretty much this. There is nothing that Nintendo has done that has really sold me on the Wii U other than being Nintendo. If money is tight when he Wii U launches I'll currently have no problem putting it off for awhile. I don't expect it to be and will probably buy one at launch but not because I'm super hyped for the console yet but rather it's a Nintendo system.

That said I do think the Wii U gamepad has good potential. I'm excited to see what they do with it. More so than I was/am for the Wii remote. I can honestly say here at the end of the Wii's life there are barely any games where I think the motions controller really made the game a lot better. Whereas with the Wii U gamepad even minimum use of it could be pretty cool, having a map/ui features on the controller instead of the big screen alone is pretty cool.

Did you catch how the Wii U game pad was used in Zombie U? the character was using the Wii U Pad to key in the code for the door my GF and I thought it was cool and saw some interesting concepts with the controller in the Arkrim city game as well.

#18  Share
Reilly  

Reilly

Are you awesome, or are you awesome?

• 6,528 posts

Online (if it is better and I can chat with my friends, awesome) but all I can hope for is that I don't need a friend code for every single game...

It's most likely going to be one friend code for the whole system. It's working out well for the 3DS.

#19  Share
yoshi500  

yoshi500

Chicharito!

• 1,298 posts
Super Smash Bros Brawl 2

#20  Share
Carl321  

Carl321

• 17,876 posts
-HD
-Can actually RUN other games
-When PS/XBOX gets a game, we might ACTUALLY get a port this time!
-online that might not suck
-SUPER SMASH BROSSSSSS

Edited by Carl321, Jul 6 2012, 07:33 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users