Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I have sharp pain when I cough or breathe deep?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1  Share
Jon Graham

Jon Graham

Got 99 problems and they're all girls

• 3,599 posts
I'll give some background info. I'm paranoid about breathing in dust particles and crap so I'll force myself to cough and this has been going on for about two years. Sometimes my lungs will hurt and I'll stop. On Saturday, I went for a long exercise walk for about 2 hours, more or less, after not exercising for many weeks and afterwards, I felt very exhausted. Later that day, I was in a car accident but had no injuries. I've been getting bad sleep lately. On Saturday, I slept from 9-midnight, then 1-2AM then I stayed up until 9AM and slept until 3. Sunday night, I slept from 5AM-3PM. On Monday night, I basically laid in bed all night but couldn't fall asleep and pretty much stayed up all night. This is when it started to hurt in my right side of my chest when I would breathe deeply or cough and it got worse as the night and day progressed. I felt pretty miserable on Monday and had a tough time breathing sometimes. It hurt to breathe last night and I contemplated going to the hospital but I laid down and my breathing got better and I finally slept from 12-9AM. I feel better today and breathing is easier but there's still some pain when I stand up, walk around, breathe deeply, etc. What is wrong with me? Any thoughts? Do I just need to take it easy and sleep well?

#2  Share
Guest- Warsaw

Guest- Warsaw
Rust lung. See a doctor immediately.

#3  Share
EH_STEVE

EH_STEVE
  • 13,305 posts
See a doctor, or look on WebMD to find out you have ovarian cancer

#4  Share
Guest- LUIGITORNADO

Guest- LUIGITORNADO

See a doctor. 

#5  Share
Yosuke Hanamura

Yosuke Hanamura

We're the HoneyBurlars: We steal your honey and your honeys

• 13,986 posts

see a doctor.

#6  Share
Guest- Lunatics Run the Asylum

Guest- Lunatics Run the Asylum

Could just be a sore muscle in your chest or something. Did you cause the accident? You may be entitled to compensation otherwise. :o

#7  Share
Knights of Hyrulechickadee  

chickadee

whimsically dull.

• 66,925 posts

We are not doctors. I'm not sure what convinced you to believe that any of us have any viable medical experience, but I can assure you that taking medical advice from a Nintendo forum can not be one of your brighter moments.

Please see a doctor.

• KEK Inc., Olimar and Alice the Jabberwock like this

#8  Share
Sean31

Sean31

Internet Superhero

• 41,733 posts

It's the black lung pop

Several possibilities:

The most likely one is it's justs "one of those things" - our bodies act weird sometimes, hurt at random, who knows. Could be just that. Any history of asthma? Has there been any recent construction going on in your area? Allergy season? etc etc etc

Also possible is damage from the accident you didn't immediately feel, but is causing trouble nonetheless.

Also possible is that you've forced yourself to cough so much that you've actually damaged lining somewhere.

Also possible (but much less likely) is that gamut of horrifying plagues and diseases that WebMD will tell you that you have.

Recommendation:

Give it another day or two. Often these things just work themselves out. If it doesn't clear up, or does and later resurfaces, see a doctor. However, be on the look out for fever, as that can be a symptom of infection/blood poisoning which is a very immediate and dangerous problem.

#9  Share
CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID

Daredevil-Mastermind

• 19,813 posts

Coughing is the wrong thing to do to deal with dust...

If you must be paranoid, then just take the time to make deep breaths.
That will help out your lungs a lot more than coughing.

Also, you can make an appointment to see a lower rung guy at a clinic MUCH sooner ( and cheaper ) than what it takes to see an actual doctor.
They will be knowledgeable enough to know if you need to schedule a Dr.appointment, and they will likely be able to get you a sooner appointment than you otherwise would if it is expedient.

#10  Share
EH_STEVE

EH_STEVE
  • 13,305 posts
Ahh Canada, plenty of free clinics with well-qualified GPs you can just walk into.

#11  Share
Forum AdminTaz  

Taz

Bang bang, Taylor gang.

• 13,729 posts
Firstly, go see a doctor. Chest pain is something you should never take likely.

That said, though, it sounds like a pulled or sore muscle in your chest of some sort. It's not something I would call 911 for or anything, but calling your doctor or seeing one the next chance you get to confirm that it is just a pulled or sore muscle and nothing more serious.

#12  Share
Lasagnawolf

Lasagnawolf

Never got to see Brawl 2

• 3,531 posts

Sounds like health anxiety disorder to me.

#13  Share
Redneckzilla

Redneckzilla

The One and Only

• 15,444 posts

When I used to run Cross Country I would run a brisk 6 miles a day. Occasionally on days where I pushed myself hard I would find it hard to breathe for a day or two afterwards (same symptoms you described). Then it would randomly dissapear and I would forget about it. I'm not sure if a long walk could trigger something like that, but its possible.

If the problem lasts more than 5 days I would see a doctor. 

#14  Share
tar82  

tar82
  • 3,391 posts
Please go to a doctor. My friend was complaining about not feeling well for several days and decided to tough it out, then finally it got so bad that he was forced to go, but it was too late. He died a few hours after checking in. This was last week, and from what I know so far, it was ecoli, possibly from his recent trip to Mexico 3 weeks ago. Anyway, think about that if it is a constant pain. Get it looked at before it spreads.

Edited by tar82, Aug 1 2013, 03:21 AM

#15  Share
Hiei

Hiei
  • 33,066 posts

You're pregnant.

• KEK Inc., Awesomov and Olimar like this

#16  Share
Alice the Jabberwock

Alice the Jabberwock

Do Not Feed the Jabberwock

• 1,674 posts

This isn't the place to go for medical advice.  IMO this thread should be locked.

#17  Share
Guest- Warsaw

Guest- Warsaw

This isn't the place to go for medical advice.  IMO this thread should be locked.

I'm a doctor who's banned from practice in 46 states, you can't tell me what to do.

#18  Share
Kamina the Cappy

Kamina the Cappy

I am the one who Cappys.

• 9,289 posts

I'm a doctor who's banned from practice in 46 states, you can't tell me what to do.

I've performed countless back-alley lung transplants. I think I know what I'm saying when I say you need a new set of lungs. I've got a nice one over here that's only a few weeks old. Might have a bullethole or two in it-I think the previous owner was a criminal of some sort-but I put some duck tape on it, so you should be fine. Let me just grab my rusty pizza cutter, and we'll get started.

But, yeah, go see a doctor if it's pain that doesn't go away relatively quickly/is constantly bugging you. I get muscle cramps or whatever in my chest after pulling them, and they only last maybe a few short seconds, and it's usually only once or twice tops (although sometimes it does take a minute to pass depending on how pulled the muscle is). If it's still gnawing at you, I'd run to a doctor or a clinic to see what's up.

Edited by The Protagonist, Aug 1 2013, 08:06 PM

#19  Share
Terranort  

Terranort

Most cooliolicious radical to the extreme NSider on teh forums.

• 8,424 posts

If you are sick, I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Also:

105xqav.png

Doctor_Doom_by_ittamar12.jpg

• Mystery Gift Mew, Awesomov, cory78 and 1 other like this

#20  Share
Hiei

Hiei
  • 33,066 posts

I'm the Eighth Doctor and I say he's pregnant. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users