Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chronicles Of The 9 Kingdoms

• Please log in to reply
688 replies to this topic

#1  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
'Greetings, NSider2, and all former members of NSider.

This is my largest fan-fic of the three I have been in the process of reiterating for several years now. I say "reiterating", because the fan-fic itself outdates its term on "paper", as it were, meaning that it was an oral work long before it was transitioned to written form. It is a fic in cooperation with myself and three of my friends, who together devised the tale of four boys (as none of us are females) from within the realm of Nintendo's franchises and sometimes well beyond that into worlds of our own making, who wound up trapped within the most intricate and outreaching web of interspersing fates in the history of the known universe. Collectively known as the "Legendary Heroes" of the 9 Kingdoms, fate ordained them from birth to be the beacons of hope for their world, and any world threatened by he onslaught of the evil ones.

As this is a "fan-fic", I need not mention that there will be clear references to things from Nintendo's franchises within this, however I'll just go ahed and do it anyway. This does not mean that all of the things within this fic belongs to Nintendo, however; for example, the kingdom that will be first introduced within the first and second chapters, and all things connected to it, belong specifically to me, as does Middlerealm (which will be discussed later in the fic during Part Two). Three of the "heroes" (save for BB, who is actually Bowser's son in Super Mario Sunshine), and the mythological partners, are also fictitious characters who do not exist outside of this fan-fic. And of course, as would be figured, the scenario is completely unrelated to any Nintendo game's personal plot.

Just thought I'd take care of those few technical issues before I posted the actual fic. XD Ah well. I will begin the restoration of the fic by posting a brand new Prologue for my OldSider readers (the rest of you can feel free to skip it, especially if you don't appreciate unconventional writing styles), made specifically for this restoration project, and then will be releasing revised versions of the original chapters periodically over the next little while, about one or two chapters a day before finally being capable of posting new chapters. That latter notion (new chapters) will unfortunately not be happening for quite a while, but hey: who's counting? :D Hopefully, we'll pick up some new readers, not to mention bring some of the old readers back to the party in the process.

So without further ado, I hope you enjoy one of the longest fan-fics to ever be produced on Nintendo's forums!

Table of Contents

Part One: Enter the Heroes

Chapter One: The "Sin" of the Dragon Kingdom

Chapter Two: The Consequences for "Sin"

Chapter Three: The Four Heroes

Chapter Four: The Link to the Forest of Oak

Chapter Five: The Forest of Oak

Chapter Six: The Ancient Mushroom Palace

(EDIT from here on)
Chapter Seven: The Journey Through the Rift to the Great Sea

Chapter Eight: The Secret of the Tower of Gods

Chapter Nine: The Mimic and the Mythical Colony

Chapter Ten: The Poacher's Slave

Chapter Eleven: The End of the Beginning

Part Two: The Journey Begins

Chapter One: Into the World of Monsters

Chapter Two: Cerulean City

Chapter Three: Mewtwo

Chapter Four: Mount Cinnabar's Eruption

Chapter Five: Return to Playhouse Castle

Chapter Six: The 9th Kingdom

Chapter Seven: Back into the PokeWorld

Chapter Eight: The Latis Siblings

Chapter Nine: The Millennia Falls

Chapter Eleven: The Strange Dream

Chapter Thirteen: The Knight's Tomb

Chapter Fourteen: The Eye of Truth

Chapter Fifteen: The Essence of Truth

Chapter Sixteen: The Kingdom of Dreams

Chapter Seventeen: The Royal Family of Subcon

Chapter Eighteen: Atlas

Chapter Nineteen: The War to End All Wars?

Chapter Twenty: The Castle Escape

Chapter Twenty-One: Enter Bounty Hunter Saxton

Chapter Twenty-Two: Anxious Preparations

Chapter Twenty-Three: Only Three Things Worth Fightin' for: That's Chicks, Cars, and the Third Dream Kingdom's War!

Chapter Twenty-Four: The Dream Kingdom's Secret

Chapter Twenty-Five: The Five Lieutenant Generals of Subcon

Chapter Twenty-Six: The Battles With the Three Lieutenant Generals

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Five Keys of Subcon

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Encounter with the Cyborg General

Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Revenge of Wart

Chapter Thirty: The Final Confrontation of Dreams

Chapter Thirty-One: The Final Solution

Chapter Thirty-Two: Subcon's Sin

Chapter Thirty-Three: The New Heir

Chapter Thirty-Four: To Infinity and Beyond

Part Three: The Legend of the Four Heroes

Chapter One: Samus Aran

Chapter Two: Planet MQ493

Chapter Three: Epsilon Northa Renegade

Chapter Four: The Duel

Chapter Five: Epsilon's Curse

Chapter Six: Hierarchy of the Space Pirate Empire

Chapter Seven: To Battle a Demon

Chapter Eight: Vital Resource and Sinful Chemical

Chapter Nine: The Scorn of the Milky Way Galaxy: Ridley, Kraid & the Space Pirate Empire

Chapter Ten: The Prince and the Hunter

Chapter Eleven: The Berserker Syndrome

Chapter Twelve: Celebi's Quest for Mewtwo's Soul

Chapter Thirteen: Olivine City

Chapter Fourteen: Ecruteak City

Chapter Fifteen: Chronicles of a Pokemon Trainer

Chapter Sixteen: The Search for the Clear Bells

Chapter Seventeen: The Kimono Girls

Chapter Eighteen: Finding Johto's Songbirds

Chaptet Nineteen: The Gold and Silver Reunion

Edited by Dran Seasona, Dec 4 2012, 06:46 PM

#2  Share
frozen yoshi

frozen yoshi
  • 412 posts
Awwww I wanted't to hear more about the actual plot, but this is still great! :)
Posted Image Posted Image
yea, I only did this ^ because I was board.
Posted Image Do you want some chocolate? well I don't have any so you can't have some, sorry.

#3  Share
ToiletPaper

ToiletPaper
  • 144 posts
As you were kind enough to read my fic, I felt that I should show you the same respect. Since I never read the original, I am itching to see what this turns into. I certainly like the prologue. I never really took the time to think what makes a hero a hero. As you stated that this is a multi-franchise fic, I can't wait to see who may turn up. I have an idea as to what the "Nine Kingdoms" are, but I have a fear of being right, so I will keep it to myself.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
Don't worry, TP, you're wrong. I can say that without even guessing as to what your guesses were. :P

Anyway, it's great to see this fic back up. I like the new prologue; it's the perfect definition of a hero! That would suggest great things for the future of this fic. I just wish we would get to an all-new chapter already! >:( But no, the rest of the fic is still worth posting. If I had more time, I might even thoroughly re-read it. :)

#5  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts

Awwww I wanted't to hear more about the actual plot, but this is still great! :)

Oh don't worry about that, Frozen Yoshi... The plot will truly begin unfolding soon enough! :D

And thank you for your interest! It's always excellent to pick up potential new readers... I only say "potential" because I don't know whether I'll keep you or not. XD

As you were kind enough to read my fic, I felt that I should show you the same respect. Since I never read the original, I am itching to see what this turns into. I certainly like the prologue. I never really took the time to think what makes a hero a hero. As you stated that this is a multi-franchise fic, I can't wait to see who may turn up. I have an idea as to what the "Nine Kingdoms" are, but I have a fear of being right, so I will keep it to myself.

Much obliged. ;) I'm happy to see that beginning the reading of your fic led to the beginning of you reading mine... Isn't diplomacy wonderful? XD

And trust me, this fic encompasses almost every franchise worth noting within the Nintendo universe (or at least the major ones); my friends and I saw to that specifically. :P

As Goron said, you probably won't be able to guess them all (although you'll probably get some), but your welcome to formulate a guess in your head while you wait to see which ones they actually are. ;)

Don't worry, TP, you're wrong. I can say that without even guessing as to what your guesses were. :P

Anyway, it's great to see this fic back up. I like the new prologue; it's the perfect definition of a hero! That would suggest great things for the future of this fic. I just wish we would get to an all-new chapter already! >:( But no, the rest of the fic is still worth posting. If I had more time, I might even thoroughly re-read it. :)

XD

Thanks a lot, Goron. I'm happy the new Prologue managed to strike a chord with one of my older readers, too. ^_^

What would suggest great things for the fic's future? The Prologue, or the "perfect definition of a hero"? :P

And you're antsy to get going, I see! :o Well have no fear, we'll get to the new chapter stage soon enough! Although I reccomend sincerely that you reread the chapters as they come out. Some of them won't be the same...

#6  Share
Cepheus

Cepheus

Cucco Out Of Hell

• 8,229 posts
*looks at title* You are such a plagiarist.

Whatever. The prologue is fine, although the paragraphs are a bit blocky.
Posted Image

#7  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts

What would suggest great things for the fic's future? The Prologue, or the "perfect definition of a hero"? :P

And you're antsy to get going, I see! :o Well have no fear, we'll get to the new chapter stage soon enough! Although I reccomend sincerely that you reread the chapters as they come out. Some of them won't be the same...

Both, as they are one and the same. :P

I'll keep an eye out for anything that seems different. ;)

#8  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts

*looks at title* You are such a plagiarist.

Whatever. The prologue is fine, although the paragraphs are a bit blocky.

Plagiarist? o_O How the heck am I a- *suddenly realizes what you're talking about* Ohhhhh... Renegade "Chronicles". ;) Right, gotcha. To be quite frank buddy, you're way too full of yourself. I could just as easily say that you copied off of the "Chronicles of Narnia" (or claim that I got my inpiration from there myself), but neither scenario is true, and has little reason to be. In all seriousness, it's a word; get over it. Not only is there absolutely no way for anyone to copywright a word like that, but logically speaking, why would anyone want to "copy" a single word, especially when my old one was perfectly fine (albeit too common on this forum)? Not to mention the fact that it makes just as much sense to call this a "chronicling" as it is to refer to it as a "Legend"; there is an incredible amount of independent adventures thrown together in here chronicling (there's that word again) the four of their journey as they age. Now if I said "The Chronicles of the Renegade 9 Kingdoms", that would clearly be suspicious, but you don't see that title, now do you? Think whatever you like in this respect, but bear in mind that only you will end up thinking that in the end, because it's just silly.

My paragraphs are always blocky. XD Ah well, at least I didn't go with my initial plan to only have two massive paragraphs... :o Thanks for your usual general support.

Both, as they are one and the same. :P

I'll keep an eye out for anything that seems different. ;)

Whoops... You beat me to the punch, I see. XD Guess I'll just have to edit my response to this post into my response to MTX. *done*

They're one in the same, eh? XD Okay, I guess I'll buy that. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Does "keep an eye out" mean "look for bolded writing", or "reread chapters painstakingly"? :P

Edited by Seasona, Dec 13 2007, 10:01 PM

#9  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts

They're one in the same, eh? XD Okay, I guess I'll buy that. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Does "keep an eye out" mean "look for bolded writing", or "reread chapters painstakingly"? :P

I was thinking about using the word "Chronicles" when I revive Daniel's Story...but now it seems to no longer be unique. :(:P

It means...it means....have mercy on me! Let's just say I'll make sure I don't miss anything important. ;)

#10  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
:P

Nah, go ahead and do it if you really want to, Goron. It doesn't bother me... Plus, it will STILL be less common than "legend" titles (which is the sad thing), so whatevs. ;)

Mercy? MERCY?! >:( There will be no mercy!

Well okay, I guess I'll leave you alone so long as you PROMISE not to miss any important things in the process. XD Otherwise you may become uneducated in the story at times...

#11  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
Eh, I may or may not. Before I re-post it, I need to connivingly devise a massive marketing scheme (including, but not limited to, a more creative title)... *rubs hands together greedily*

Well hey, I managed to catch the revisions to Matthias' fic, and they were rather confusing. I couldn't quite remember whether I had seen the firearms before or not. :P Anyway, I'll probably re-read each new chapter, but in a more quick and dirty way than I usually read stuff (I tend to absorb each word a little too much, generally).

#12  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
Oh wonderful. :P How long will this take, exactly?

This is true... Although Matthias is more of a gun-sword combo type of person, anyway. XD I suppose you DO take your leisurely time generally, but so long as you catch up at a reasonable speed, absorbing information shouldn't be so bad.

#13  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts

Oh wonderful. :P How long will this take, exactly?

This is true... Although Matthias is more of a gun-sword combo type of person, anyway. XD I suppose you DO take your leisurely time generally, but so long as you catch up at a reasonable speed, absorbing information shouldn't be so bad.

Hopefully not too long, now that I have more time on my hands. First I need to get back into the feel of writing it (as it's been months), then I just need to figure out a clever way of presenting it. Of course, like you (and unlike WoN), I'll be re-posting it a bit at a time in hopes of garnering the attention of more potential readers.

True. Usually I try to grasp the feel of the chapter, and try to experience the experiences. Since I already have, I can just scan the words and record anything new.

Edited by Goron of Light, Dec 13 2007, 10:50 PM

#14  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
That makes sense... We both seem to have failed in the department of picking up new readers, because WotA was also posted in a lump-sum, and didn't receive much recognition. The same happens to all fics like that... People just get turned off.

#15  Share
Goron of Light

Goron of Light

Cucco of Light

• 7,705 posts
My theory is that they are turned off by long fics that they will have to catch up in, so I am going to try and de-emphasize the fact that I'm re-posting it from NSider. As far as they're concerned, it will be a completely new fic (although I'm sure I'll have to make known the fact that it's pre-written). Still, the fact is that there just aren't that many people who are interested enough in fanfics to actually bother reading them.

#16  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
That argument sounds cogent. ;)

Anyway, the lack of many interested readers is precisely what diplomacy is for! :o We read someone else's fics, and in exchange, the other person reads our fics, so that way everyone's happy! ^_^ It also leads into "Networking", both of which truly do work.

Edited by Seasona, Dec 13 2007, 11:26 PM

#17  Share
Slade

Slade
  • 82 posts
I'm diggin' this new prologue alot man, good job. And yeah, I'll re-read all the updated chapters when you release em'

:)
Posted Image

#18  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts
Hey man, great to see you finally get here! :D I knew I could weasel you out of the woodworks by posting this. ;) Heh heh heh... So I suppose your name is "Slade" from now on, eh? :P Well okay, I guess that works...

And thank you; I'm happy you enjoyed it. ;) You were just the person I was waiting for at this point, so prepare for Chapter One, every... one. XD

#19  Share
Slade

Slade
  • 82 posts
Yeah, after the fall of Nsider, I really sort of lost interest.... That, and someone took the screenname "MATTHIAS12". Well good for them. =\

Anyways, I'll be waitin' on chapter one. (This feels very nostalgic...)
Posted Image

#20  Share
Dran Seasona

Dran Seasona

Cucco of Spirit

• 22,324 posts

Yeah, after the fall of Nsider, I really sort of lost interest.... That, and someone took the screenname "MATTHIAS12". Well good for them. =\

Anyways, I'll be waitin' on chapter one. (This feels very nostalgic...)

That wasn't even YOU?! :P I added that person to my friend's list and everything! Good thing I didn't divulge anything about the story to him/her in that case.

And it'll be here sooner than you think. ;) As per the nostalgia, well how do you think I feel? XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users