Welcome to NSider2
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ridley is too big

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1  Share
Bender

Bender
  • 13,006 posts
I get angry when people say that. He's the perfect size in Melee.

Posted Image

I know thats not the biggest image in the world, but he looks proportionate.

Plus, Bowser is "too big" too, yet he's still in.

Posted Image

#2  Share
Silver

Silver
  • 8,480 posts
k

;

;

#3  Share
Fizzy

Fizzy

The Great

• 3,290 posts
I liek Ridley.

#4  Share
Pinky

Pinky

Top Mage

• 32,637 posts
yeah, I say the problem is that he pretty much is always flying, which would be a bit unfair in brawl... If they made it so he could only "fly" like pit, it would cause the difficulty of that he has never really walked on the ground (as far as I know).

Basically, he has to be flying, and if he could always fly, it would severely unbalance the game

#5  Share
┤1UP├

┤1UP├

Perma-Banned

• 13,947 posts
I know, that's the worst argument ever.

Bowser was even bigger than that in Sunshine.

#6  Share
Bender

Bender
  • 13,006 posts

yeah, I say the problem is that he pretty much is always flying, which would be a bit unfair in brawl... If they made it so he could only "fly" like pit, it would cause the difficulty of that he has never really walked on the ground (as far as I know).

Basically, he has to be flying, and if he could always fly, it would severely unbalance the game

He could just hover slightly like Mewtwo did.

#7  Share
Fizzy

Fizzy

The Great

• 3,290 posts

He can hover like Mewtwo.

#8  Share
ADMiRALBOBBERY42

ADMiRALBOBBERY42

Spiteful, vindictive, very large, but never crazy!

• 2,261 posts
Yeah, he's a good size.
I don't support him or oppose him, but if they can work out his size/flying issues or lack thereof then I'm all for it.

#9  Share
Zyed

Zyed

pink 5ever

• 4,232 posts

Like Mewtwo, he can hover two inches above the ground. And he CAN walk. Remember Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3?

#10  Share
Pinky

Pinky

Top Mage

• 32,637 posts

Like Mewtwo, he can hover two inches above the ground. And he CAN walk. Remember Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3?

didn't actually play that game, sorry... But it just seems a bit silly that if he hovers like that, other characters knocking a dragon with rather large wings off of the side of a stage or into the air... You would think that he would be able to catch himself in midair, right?

But of course we couldnt have him doing that!

Edited by John_Pinkerton, Dec 28 2007, 12:06 AM

#11  Share
Cucco of Twighlight

Cucco of Twighlight

Spartan E13

• 453 posts
I don't think Ridley is too big at all...

#12  Share
CWP

CWP
  • 8,785 posts
Well, it's obviously true. Ridley has been gigantic since the 2d Metroid titles. See here:
Posted Image

Here's a few screenshots from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Click.
Click.
Click.

And Bowser is no excuse to squeeze Ridley in either. Just look at his size here, in Super Mario Bros. for the NES:
Posted Image
I'd say that's about his size in Melee and Brawl too. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Ridley is a cool character, but he doesn't fit as a fighter in the Smash Bros. series. Think what you want, but I don't think he belongs.

Edited by CourageWisdomPower, Dec 28 2007, 12:22 AM

#13  Share
KnightzShade2

KnightzShade2
  • 2,739 posts
I know, that is a dumb argument. Ridley would be proportionate. He also doesn't have to fly a la Metroid Prime.

#14  Share
┤1UP├

┤1UP├

Perma-Banned

• 13,947 posts

didn't actually play that game, sorry... But it just seems a bit silly that if he hovers like that, other characters knocking a dragon with rather large wings off of the side of a stage or into the air... You would think that he would be able to catch himself in midair, right?

But of course we couldnt have him doing that!

The same could be said for Charizard. And Pit and MetaK. Technically they could fly forever, or until they got too tired.

Or think of it this way, some things can fly, but if you're tumbling around in the air you can't exactly flap you're wings and expect to fly anywhere good. In order to fly you need to move a certain amount of air, if you're a heavy space dragon in the middle of an intense fight, something is bound to interfere with that.

#15  Share
Silver

Silver
  • 8,480 posts

Well, it's obviously true. Ridley has been gigantic since the 2d Metroid titles. See here:
Posted Image

Here's a few screenshots from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Click.
Click.
Click.

And Bowser is no excuse to squeeze Ridley in either. Just look at his size here, in Super Mario Bros. for the NES:
Posted Image
I'd say that's about his size in Melee and Brawl too. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Ridley is a cool character, but he doesn't fit as a fighter in the Smash Bros. series. Think what you want, but I don't think he belongs.

you are aware that in the original nes metroid, ridley was the same size as samus, right? And now, like Bowser, he is often larger than the protagonist?

#16  Share
┤1UP├

┤1UP├

Perma-Banned

• 13,947 posts

Posted Image

And I say Bowser is an excuse: Is this still considered a spoiler? SMS Final Fight w/ Bowser

#17  Share
CWP

CWP
  • 8,785 posts

you are aware that in the original nes metroid, ridley was the same size as samus, right? And now, like Bowser, he is often larger than the protagonist?

Well, you're right about that. Although Samus was quite tall in the first Metroid, I found a screenshot of the two:
Posted Image

But don't forget, Ridley also looked like this in the first Metroid, and that's probably not what we want to see in Super Smash Bros.
Posted Image

#18  Share
ITSA_BIRD_DOG

ITSA_BIRD_DOG
  • 513 posts
Pikachu is supposed to be 1 feet, 4inches :P Is he in smash? I'm not sure...

#19  Share
Blackbreeze

Blackbreeze

Breezy

• 8,766 posts

Well, you're right about that. Although Samus was quite tall in the first Metroid, I found a screenshot of the two:

But don't forget, Ridley also looked like this in the first Metroid, and that's probably not what we want to see in Super Smash Bros.

And Bowser was much bigger in all his other appearances, yet they didn't use his first appearance so that doesn't mean Ridley is limited to getting only his small appearance...As a matter of fact, they gave Bowser a totally new appearance for the SSB series, so they could do the same for Ridley (which they already have for the Melee opening sequence, so they can do it again)...

Edited by Blackbreeze, Dec 28 2007, 12:44 AM

#20  Share
Wrex

Wrex

Battles and Brotherhood

• 10,967 posts
he's not huge,. Hes just in the fore ground ;p