Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DKKEV

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin Tourney

22 posts in this topic

Well, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a little tournament up for those of us who have advance wars and are interested in competitive battling. IF your interested in participating in a tourney please just simply state that in your reply. After I see if anyone is interested we can go from there with setting up the rules, the map, time limits etc.

I'll add your name to the list below, once we get at least eight or so we can start something up :)

Registered Users:

DKKEV

GraveNeedle

Jake196

TRAPPEDMOUSE

Shmid

CommanderFlint

(I would put this on the Wi-Fi board... but seeing that it's completely dead...)

I'm a bit leery...every time I join a tournament, right before it starts, I always end up getting the crap scared out of me and quitting before I even try. <_>

But I might give this one a shot. I'll need to think about it. When does it start? Or just when we get enough people?

^

what he said some ppl need time to get the game and not to mention practice.

Like I said, I just wanted to get a list of people who would be interested in playing each other. WE wouldn't start a tourney or anything of the sort for a couple week at the very least. However, if you are interested please say so :) That way people on here will know that you have the game and we can get some friendly battles going.

^

Like I said, I just wanted to get a list of people who would be interested in playing each other. WE wouldn't start a tourney or anything of the sort for a couple week at the very least. However, if you are interested please say so :) That way people on here will know that you have the game and we can get some friendly battles going.

'k well add me to the list I just got the game.

antitank units are ridiculously strong for their cost don't u think? lol

I think i like the combat in AWDS better but I look forward to playing online after I've beaten it.

^

I think i like the combat in AWDS better but I look forward to playing online after I've beaten it.

I thought they were too at first... but then I realized that it's called anti-tank for a reason, it has great defense against tanks, but a mech or something can knock out 30-50% of it's health (if that's what you call it). Also, it does only have a range of 3 for shooting so that's not too bad. Like I said earlier it's pretty weak with countering anything other than tanks ;)

^

I thought they were too at first... but then I realized that it's called anti-tank for a reason, it has great defense against tanks, but a mech or something can knock out 30-50% of it's health (if that's what you call it). Also, it does only have a range of 3 for shooting so that's not too bad. Like I said earlier it's pretty weak with countering anything other than tanks ;)

Yeah now that I've used them they seem pretty average now.

but in this version battleships can MOVE and FIRE. 0_o

MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!

seriously thats messed up.

I'm in, but I hope that this doesn't become one of those tourneys where no one ends up playing...

I'm in also.

btw, you may want to ban the CO Tabitha, her CO power + her CO zone = crazy stuff.

I'm in also.

btw, you may want to ban the CO Tabitha, her CO power + her CO zone = crazy stuff.

Maybe we shouldn't use co powers / zone things at all so It's completely fair. Can you turn those off in this game? I know you could turn off CO powers in AWDS.

I'm in also.

Maybe we shouldn't use co powers / zone things at all so It's completely fair. Can you turn those off in this game? I know you could turn off CO powers in AWDS.

Yeah, you can. But I have to wonder if that's going a bit too far...? There doesn't really seem to be a massively-broken CO (atleast from what I've seen) that can't be taken down with a little strategy (unlike, say, Colin, where you're screwed no matter what).

Just a couple and a half cents.

I'm in also.

CO powers in this game were adapted so that CO powers couldn't be as abusive as they were in Dual Strike

I'm in also.

Yeah, you can. But I have to wonder if that's going a bit too far...? There doesn't really seem to be a massively-broken CO (atleast from what I've seen) that can't be taken down with a little strategy (unlike, say, Colin, where you're screwed no matter what).

Just a couple and a half cents.

I kinda agree with you. CO powers and such actually take strategy to charge up in this game. Taking CO Powers off would seem like a bit too far...