Welcome to NSider2

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Microsoft Clippy

How will Kingdom Hearts: Coded work?

15 posts in this topic

In case you don't know, 3 new Kingdom Hearts titles have been anounced at the Tokyo Game Show:

1. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS that focuses on Roxas' story.

2. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for the PlayStation Portable that focuses on the story in the Kingdom Hearts II & Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + secret endings that takes place long before the begining of the series.

3. Kingdom Hearts: Coded for the cell-phone (yes you read right, the cell-phone!) that takes place right in a crisis in which Jiminy Cricket had a note put in his journal he didn't write in which Sora & king Mickey must find out its meaning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, back to the point. How will kingdom hearts: Coded work, if it's played on a cell-phone?! I mean, there's no game slot in a cell-phone! How can it possibly work altogether?! My only guess is you input the code you buy off of some website, but that doesn't seem like something they'd do for a full-fledged Kingdom Hearts game..............................................

Unless you live in Japan, have a new Japanese keitai, and speak and read Japanese fluently there is no reason for you to even have interest into Kingdom Hearts Coded.

Unless you live in Japan, have a new Japanese keitai, and speak and read Japanese fluently there is no reason for you to even have interest into Kingdom Hearts Coded.

Won't it have a North American release?

Let's take a look at Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII.

Released in Japan on 29 September 2004

Square Enix announced an English version would come out at their Pre-E3 2005 conference.

Hasn't been heard of since.

So, mate, what do you think the chances are of it coming out now? flower.gif

Edited by ME86

The cell phone game industry will be taking off soon. As the phones we use get much faster and stronger they will be much better at handling the games. At the moment many of the top end phones can handle full fledged games (not talking just iPhone here guys but Envy and sidekick too). More and more people want to play games with their phone. Nokia was too soon. However I believe now is the right time to get back into the cell phone gaming industry.

The cell phone game industry will be taking off soon. As the phones we use get much faster and stronger they will be much better at handling the games. At the moment many of the top end phones can handle full fledged games (not talking just iPhone here guys but Envy and sidekick too). More and more people want to play games with their phone. Nokia was too soon. However I believe now is the right time to get back into the cell phone gaming industry.

All we need are Japanese cell phones here and we'd be good. ;-; The NGage didn't fail just because it was so early, but also because it failed at it's primary function... Being a cell phone.

Square Enix announced an English version would come out at their Pre-E3 2005 conference.

I think it could be different. 2005 is a much different landscape for cell phones than today. So many more kids have them (I think it is going up to around 80 percent for teens) that I can see a cell company like ATT or Verizon actually getting exclusive rights to it (kind of like iPhone and ATT or Vcast and Verizon) to sell the game to their customers. It will help cell contracts and certain high end phones. And because ringtones, text messaging, and even internet access has hit all the phones being sold today they need something new to bring in new customers. I can see a company pulling this as a great way to bring in customers.

I know it has it's very similar gameplay to Kingdom Hearts, but I've never played Final fantasy, & thus do not care, (though I respect the fact you do!) (although I should see what the series is like EVENTUALLY) & the only one in my family who has played Final Fantasy is my father.

Now, on the other note, just because that is taking a huge amount of time does not mean Coded has to.

All we need are Japanese cell phones here and we'd be good. ;-; The NGage didn't fail just because it was so early, but also because it failed at it's primary function... Being a cell phone.

Think about it. They put cameras on phones to bring in new customers. They saturated that market that now all phones have cameras and that people use their cell phones for cameras more than a real camera. They put text messaging in and that took off. They put video on. They put internet on. What is the next step for cell phones to draw customers? Entertainment. Games. Movies. Music. They already are hitting the music and movies. Games are coming soon.

Wait, will not as high tech cell-phones work?!

If they don't, man i'll be mad.......................

I know it has it's very similar gameplay to Kingdom Hearts, but I've never played Final fantasy, & thus do not care, (though I respect the fact you do!) (although I should see what the series is like EVENTUALLY) & the only one in my family who has played Final Fantasy is my father.

Now, on the other note, just because that is taking a huge amount of time does not mean Coded has to.

Let's take a look at what it looks like shall we?

070928khco04.jpg

070928khco05.jpg

Now, let's take a look at Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII

180px-Final_fantasy_vii_before_crisis_action1.PNG

If US phones still have a problem running that, do you honestly thing that we'll be seeing it soon?

Wait, will not as high tech cell-phones work?!

If they don't, man i'll be mad.......................

If it does, and that is a big if, come here I would guess it would be carrier specific and to a point pretty phone specific. Like only phones that can access Vcast can use it or something like that. Like how the envy you can download games like Sonic and use that. There is no real standard on gaming on cell phones. I know ATT uses some form of java for the games on most of their phones. So if your phone doesn't have that it wouldn't be able to play it.

Let's take a look at what it looks like shall we?

070928khco04.jpg

070928khco05.jpg

Now, let's take a look at Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII

180px-Final_fantasy_vii_before_crisis_action1.PNG

If US phones still have a problem running that, do you honestly thing that we'll be seeing it soon?

My phone (which is no longer in production because it is so old and outdated) could handle that. I know it could handle the FF game. The kingdom hearts one might put a bit too much. But the newer phones, hell yeah. Razr can handle that. Nice enough screen and fast enough. And they are pretty popular.

Two things.

First of all, Nomura is hoping for an international release. How much hope will actually get that game to the US, though, remains to be determined.

Second, the game is supposedly for a cell phone that has yet to be released. Whether it'll be released for present models, probably not.