Welcome to NSider2

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Link1487

Board Wars

453 posts in this topic

30nkn80.png

(Banner by Potestas)

Welcome to the first ever Board Wars Event! This event is designed to see which of 5 selected game series boards have the best community.

Rules:

1. Follow all NS2 rules, contest rules, and any other board specific rules put in place. Following these rules is also a good idea.

2. Any individual user may only represent one board for this event, even if they fill the requirements to represent multiple boards.

3. This event is open to ALL users, as long as they fill the requirements to be a representative (keep reading for more information). This means that users with special ranks may still participate.

4. For information on prizes, read the section about prizes.

5. No flaming other boards/users or bashing them via posts, signatures, profiles, etc. However, supporting your own board/representatives with those methods is perfectly acceptable. This rule WILL be enforced and treated just as harshly as any other flame comments.

6. The Pokemon D/P/Pt Competitive Battling board may participate in the Safari Zone's portion of this event and although the threads will be posted on the Safari Zone, these two boards will act as one in this event.

7. There will be four phases to this event that are described briefly below.

8. Have fun. I mean it. :|

Phase 1: The Elections

1. The five boards participating in this Board Wars Event will be the Safari Zone board, the Super Smash Bros. board, the Mushroom Kingdom board, the Hyrule Field board, and The Crossing Guardian board.

2. In each of those boards, there will be a thread for representative nominations. There will be three representatives per board. They will be chosen based on how many votes they receive from the users there.

3. The restrictions on voting are:

a. You may not nominate yourself or vote for yourself even if someone else nominated you.

b. You may only nominate someone if you have over 50 posts on the respective board, and if it is in one of your Top 10 Most Visited boards list in your profile. This will be checked.

c. You may only nominate someone who has at least 100 posts on the respective board and has the board as one of their Top 5 Most Visited boards on the list in their profile. This will also be checked.

d. Remember to vote only for users you feel will accurately represent your board's unique community and will be active enough to participate in many mini-contests and other associated activities. You may not mass PM users to vote for you in the Elections.

4. Once the votes are all counted up and checked to follow rules 3b/c, the three representatives for each board will be chosen and can prepare for Phase 2.

Phase 2: The Eliminations

1. If you've done the math, you'll realize that at this point there would be 15 representatives which is... a lot. So this phase will deal with cutting that number down to around 5 or so. Some boards may be completely eliminated during this phase, so make sure your representatives will take this phase seriously.

2. There will be three mini-contests for the first part of this phase. There will be 5 participants in each of those contests, with one representative from each board in each contest. The categories are: Art, Writing, and Board Morale. The representatives will pick which category they want before the actual contests are posted, so make sure you pick reps that'll be able to handle these categories. Art/Writing are pretty easy to figure out, but Board Morale deals with involving the users of the actual board, so that this isn't just some exclusive contest for the popular members of each board.

3. There will be three winners from each contest (1st, 2nd, and 3rd), leaving us with 9 representatives at this point. It is unlikely, but not impossible, that any board has been completely eliminated at this point because their reps lost all the contests. If that is the case, then we may be down to less than 5 boards at this time.

4. The final part of Phase 2 will be a classic elimination by voting. Each of the remaining reps will PM me a confidential vote selecting one other representative they want to be voted off. The 4 reps with the most votes will be eliminated.

a. In the event that only 3 or less reps are voted for, they will be eliminated but another round of voting will happen with the remaining reps so that we'll be down to 5 participants remaining.

b. In the event that there is a tie in any way, shape, or form, a random number generator will be used by me to randomly determine which representative will be sent home.

c. Feel free to strategize with other representatives on who you would like to vote off. But don't be surprised if they double-cross you and end up voting you off!

Phase 3: The Games

1. It wouldn't make much sense to have this event themed around game specific boards and not have any video games mentioned. shy; This phase is all about the games your board is related to. This phase will also involve all of you normal peasants board users who didn't make it into the election or were eliminated in Phase 2.

2. On each board (that wasn't completely eliminated), there will be a list of 25 tasks for you to do in various games in the series. For each task, a picture must be taken with one of your representative's (who hasn't been eliminated yet) screen names in it. For more specific examples wait until the threads are up. Some tasks will be easy and others will be a bit more challenging.

3. PM your pictures to your representatives, who will keep a collection of them. Once all of the tasks are completed, your representatives will send the pictures to whomever posted the list of tasks.

a. Anyone can participate in these tasks, even if they are not a "regular" for the board. But spreading the word to other users who may be willing to help is up to the representatives and loyal board members. Keep in mind that advertising via mass PMing will get you in trouble, while advertising in signatures or profiles will not.

4. The first two boards that have their tasks completed and PMed will move on to the final phase.

Phase 4: The Final Battle

1. There will be two representatives in this Phase from two different boards. If there is more than one rep for a single board, then they will have to decide which one of them will be used in this Phase. If it cannot be done peacefully and privately (don't make threads about it), then your board will be disqualified and the other board will automatically win.

2. The Final Battle will be decided with an old-fashioned trivia! Anyone may come and watch in NS2's chat, but only the representatives and the person asking the questions will be allowed to speak.

3. The questions will pertain to all things Nintendo video games. Some may be questions about your game series that your board is about while others may be about random games.

4. Typical trivia rules apply for this. Spelling doesn't really matter, but if your answer is illegible then it will not be accepted. You may use external sources to look up answers, but it will cost you valuable time. Obviously the representative with the highest score after 25 questions will be the winner, and their respective board will also have won the war.

Prizes

-The representative who wins the trivia would get a special rank (a new rank that Mack is making), some achievement points (150), and some rupees (500).

-The other two representatives from the winning board will receive achievements points (100), and some rupees (250).

-The other representatives would all get consolation prizes (50 AP, 50 rupees)

-The winning board gets bragging rights to having the best community out of the 5 participating.

CD Sponsors For Each Board

-Super Smash Bros. : Community Development

-Mushroom Kingdom : Princess_Peach_and_Vivian

-The Safari Zone : MackorMoses

-Hyrule Field : Link1487

-Crossing Guardian : Coolguy11

What do I do now?

This thread may be used to discuss this event in general. Do not spam this thread trying to support your board or bash others. Within a day or two, Phase 1 will begin with Election threads being posted in each board by your CD sponsors. If you have any questions about your game series board in this event, PM the CD sponsor for your board. If you have any questions about this event in general, PM me (Link1487).

Updates

THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM HAS WON BOARD WARS!

PHASE 4 HAS ENDED!

-Details concerning the trivia can be found here. It will take place at 3PM EST on 9/12.

-PHASE 3 HAS ENDED!

-The Crossing Guardian has been eliminated!

-The three task lists have been posted here.

PHASE 2 HAS ENDED!

-Super Smash Bros. has been eliminated from Board Wars!

-The Safari Zone has been eliminated from Board Wars!

-Phase two voting eliminations have begun, and are due on September 8th!

-Phase two contests have been posted here.

-Pit Floor 10 has been posted here.

-Hyrule Castle has been posted here.

-Town Hall has been posted here.

-Final Destination has been posted here.

-Pokemon League has been posted here.

PHASE 1 HAS ENDED!

-Election threads should be posted very soon. Keep an eye on your series board for it!

-Nominations on The Crossing Guardian have started here.

-Nominations on Hyrule Field have started here.

-Nominations on Super Smash Bros. have started here.

-Nominations on Mushroom Kingdom have started here.

-Nominations on The Safari Zone have started here.

-Elections on The Crossing Guardian have started here.

-Elections on Hyrule Field have started here.

-Elections on Super Smash Bros. have started here.

-Elections on Mushroom Kingdom have started here.

-Elections on The Safari Zone have started here.

Oh God, I remember talking to Johnny about a hypothetical contest like this on IMs.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD shy;

Looks awesome.

I'm ready to jump on the Maro board nomination thread as soon as it's up.

Under the election process b and c are the same rule with different stats so which one is the actual rule? If it's c then there is no need for b because c has the higher stats, but b would allow for more nominations. Please fix this.

Under the election process b and c are the same rule with different stats so which one is the actual rule? If it's c then there is no need for b because c has the higher stats, but b would allow for more nominations. Please fix this.

b determines whether or not you're allowed to nominate and c determine who you can nominate.

Read it again.

B is for voters, C is for nominees.

b determines whether or not you're allowed to nominate and c determine who you can nominate.

:robotindifferent:

If you and I were to end up repping our own boards mine would clearly win. :^U

Why?

Just because you're faster, think things through more, and people suck up to like you.

Besides that, if your board was Power On, I don't see how you could lose.

I myself wouldn't represent Power On in years one million.

Staff aren't allowed to be reps.

I hope Merit is reading this.

I hope Merit is reading this.

Merit honestly thinks anyone would vote for him?

Edit: Besides his DeviantART friends. Who are suspicious and act exactly like him.