Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coolguy11

Animal Crossing General Discussion

9,041 posts in this topic

I'm debating, too, but for a different reason: Animal Crossing is cursed for me.

I've already said this like six times in this thread, but I lost my ACGC town to a memory card failure, and I lost my Wild World town's cartridge. I still have City Folk, but... that's City Folk.

If I get it via cartridge, I'll probably lose the cartridge eventually. But if I get it digitally, like I want to... I might be risking my entire 3DS.

I'm only going cart so I can resell, if I get bored of it.

I most likely won't though, all this new stuff seems too fun.

Not sure yet.

How many points do 3DS games cost in the eShop?

None. They all go by their MSRP value.

Oh, and here is a video of the Golden Slingshot.

There's a reason why the slingshot first appeared in Animal Crossing Wild World, and they still seem to not understand it. The DS's top screen provided a constant, clear view of the sky above the player's town, and made the slingshot an appealing item to include in the experience. City Folk and New Leaf do not have that, and so I'm wondering why bother including the item in the new game. It just doesn't fit.

Hello everyone and welcome to a new day! Bringing us one day closer to the release of ACNL outside of Japan, whenever that may be. Anyway, found some cool screenshots today. :3

a8hgpvjcuaawgtt.jpg

Redd selling some sculptures. Iirc, the museum also takes these in with the paintings for the art exhibit. :3

a8jjelzceaern3j.jpg

A close-up of the solar panel. I still wonder if this has any uses other than making your town seem more green. shy;

a8jjib9caaetn1y.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is a Whale Shark in that tank. So it gives you a look at how big they are in houses. Anyway, I'm more interested in that football fish in the back that isn't in any water. Is it a stuffed copy or something? :U

tumblr_mdsw09tXP01rgnnwmo1_400.jpg

I don't believe we have come across this fruit before. And thanks to Ferry and Carl, we now know it's called Persimmon. :3

4zpl0.jpg

An RPG-themed town. Nothing really special about it. I just thought it looked cool. :P

HNI_0011.jpgHNI_0012.jpg

HNI_0013-1.jpg

These are the three options you have to remodel your Town Hall. I'm really digging the last one. I like more modern architecture. :3

HNI_0014-1.jpgHNI_0016.jpg

Lastly, here shows the player going to Harriet to get color contacts to change the eye color. So changing your eyes is definitely confirmed. It works like getting a new hairstyle - you have to answer some questions and the color is based on your answers. You can't get your hair cut and get colored contacts the same day, unfortunately.

Edited by Coolguy11

Haven't heard of that before!

Also, according to Animal Crossing City, the US release date is May 1st, 2013.

Im not buying it though, as I can't find any news articles confirming it yet!

New theory on the orange fruit with the green top: it's unlikely to be the Kiwano because, let's face it, nobody cuts fruit while they're on a tree and leave it to rot until someone gets it. Anyone think it may be the persimmon?

Called it FIRST :B

Also, that doesn't look like a whale shark... that looks more like a small basking shark

Edited by Carl321
Coolguy11 and Ferry like this

Haven't heard of that before!

Also, according to Animal Crossing City, the US release date is May 1st, 2013.

Im not buying it though, as I can't find any news articles confirming it yet!

They probably picked it up from GameStop's listing. That date lands on a Wednesday, and Nintendo traditionally only releases its retail games on Sundays, so I really doubt it's that along with their release date of March 31st for Fire Emblem Awakening.

After hitting the Googlemobile, it seems the Whale Shark is, indeed, unrealistically tiny [infant status nonwithstanding] and colored quite oddly.

tumblr_mdejd0O8GZ1rgnnwmo1_400.jpg

Edited by Carl321

Consider that we do still need to, you know, be able to catch them and hold them. I'm willing to give suspension of disbelief.

Agreed. Was surprised it was so small, but I guess it makes sense so we can actually hold it after catching it. I thought it would at least be bigger inside the house, so that's why I was surprised to see it was still small when placed in that screenshot. :P

Also, the music HERE reminds me of the Wii Shop music. Never had a DSi so can't judge from that. shy;

Hey, if we can carry space shuttles in our pocket, I don't find a whaleshark unrealistic. I WAS, however, expecting it to at least appear huge. There's still plenty of screen space to take up there.

A thought about the lantern fish/whale shark in house picture. The lantern fish looks like a lamp and if you look at the table, that's the one you get from the fishing contest, right? So I'd assume it'd be another reward from the contest.

Edit: last night I also decided on what my town's gonna be called. It'll be Turtlbay (if it's gonna be more than 8 letters restriction I'll add the 'e')

Edited by Ferry

They probably picked it up from GameStop's listing. That date lands on a Wednesday, and Nintendo traditionally only releases its retail games on Sundays, so I really doubt it's that along with their release date of March 31st for Fire Emblem Awakening.

Same here.

Gamestop shouldn't be deceiving us!

Protip, guys: when a date has not been announced, and retailers give either the 1st, 15th, or 30th/31st as the date, it is going to be a placeholder date 99% of the time. Especially if said date is either January 1st or December 31st.

By the way, Nintendo occasionally releases games on Fridays (Xenoblade, Star Fox 64 3D - although this one may be due to September 11) and Mondays (Rhythm Heaven Fever, Last Specter) as well. Usually not Wednesdays, though.