Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
9-10-DO

Banjo-Kazooie Major Sequence Break

12 posts in this topic

I just came across this video. This glitch now allows for there to be an Any% category for Banjo-Kazooie speedruns. Here's skipping Grunty's door:

This trick seems to rely on being pretty damn frame perfect, which will limit it's utility in RTA categories.

But hey, it's always fun to see new glitches.

still blows my mind.

still blows my mind.

wha

what

How the fuck did someone figure that out :U

It's basically breaking the game's pointer system to enter that cutscene. Ganondorf Skip was something the OoT fanbase wanted desperately for years, and it eventually became a reality. y; You kill Ganon with the Infinite Sword Glitch (ISG) coupled with a Deku Stick.

Like the door skip in the OP's post, it's highly reliant on frame counting, and will likely take hundreds of attempts to get right. It does, however, let you beat the game in about twenty minutes. y;

There's also an additional component in that you have to kill Gohma and die at the same time. y;

Edited by Yukiko

still blows my mind.

That is witchcraft.

Voodoo.

I don't even.

still blows my mind.

That is witchcraft.

Voodoo.

I don't even.

This has been beaten, I believe. y;

*Talking about name length effecting speedrun time by 1 second*

Slowpoke.gif

Speedruns are srs business at this level. theydonothing;

But really, things can add up quickly. RTA goes from power on to when the game takes the control away from you at the end. It would include the time to input 'ZFG', and every instance of your name showing up. vUfQT.gif

Edited by Yukiko

Slowpoke.gif

But really, things can add up quickly. RTA goes from power on to when the game takes the control away from you at the end. It would include the time to input 'ZFG', and every instance of your name showing up. vUfQT.gif

Yeah, it's just my eyes started to glaze when they started talking about seconds and frames. qog9oo.gif

"Oh god, it's going to be one of those commentaries."

Slowpoke.gif

Yeah, it's just my eyes started to glaze when they started talking about seconds and frames. qog9oo.gif

"Oh god, it's going to be one of those commentaries."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0