Welcome to NSider2

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUIGITORNADO

More Analyst NX rumors

11 posts in this topic

http://blogs.barrons.com/asiastocks/2016/01/05/nintendo-slips-nx-to-eat-into-3ds-Wii U-nomura-cuts-target/

We had previously thought that the NX launch would have only a limited impact on 3DS and Wii U sales as it is not being positioned as a successor to either console, but we have now altered our view because 3DS sales have been weakening a little recently, particularly in terms of software, as the machine enters its sixth year, and to factor in a harsher competitive climate and what happened to other existing consoles when new machines were launched in the past.

We still expect the NX to launch in 17/3. We have lowered our estimates for current consoles to reflect the present situation, fiercer competition, andwhat has happened in the past when new hardware is announced… We have reduced our operating profit forecasts for 16/3 by 5.7% and for17/3–21/3 by 30.0–32.7%.

I'll be surprised if NX isn't a console hybrid. It has to be.NX

"We tell you absolutely nothing about our next machine but can't understand why people are reluctant to purchase our 4+-year-old hardware"

Classic Ninty

How much official, or even leaked, info is there even about the NX?

What are these people basing all these rumours and predictions off of? Hopes and dreams?

What are these people basing all these rumours and predictions off of? Hopes and dreams?

There's little to nothing official about it outside of more info coming this year.  Most of what people are speculating on is based on some interpretation of things that have been said or reported over the past couple of years.

Whether or not the release of NX this year is true, what I can't get over is the 3DS is going into its sixth year. Really analyst, really?!? Do guys only look what the sales of a product but not when the actual product came out?!?

The 3DS in NA released in March 2011, so that would make it fifth year not sixth. Even with a little mistake like that when mentioning dwindling sales of the 3DS in it suppose year is plausible but overall the math doesn't add up year to supposed sales under 5 or 6 years. So I don't buy any of this at all based on the years they think the 3DS has been out. It breaks the whole belief cause the sales were base on the years it was out.

Also, in the first place I never really believed the NX would come out this year too. So I was already skeptical before this article. Nintendo will talk about NX this year but the probability of it coming out this year is slim, even though Nintendo could use the hype this year of a new console despite how controversial it may be. Sega Saturn, anybody?

Whether or not the release of NX this year is true, what I can't get over is the 3DS is going into its sixth year. Really analyst, really?!? Do guys only look what the sales of a product but not when the actual product came out?!?

The 3DS in NA released in March 2011, so that would make it fifth year not sixth. Even with a little mistake like that when mentioning dwindling sales of the 3DS in it suppose year is plausible but overall the math doesn't add up year to supposed sales under 5 or 6 years. So I don't buy any of this at all based on the years they think the 3DS has been out. It breaks the whole belief cause the sales were base on the years it was out.

Also, in the first place I never really believed the NX would come out this year too. So I was already skeptical before this article. Nintendo will talk about NX this year but the probability of it coming out this year is slim, even though Nintendo could use the hype this year of a new console despite how controversial it may be. Sega Saturn, anybody?

It is the 3DS' sixth year. 

It is the 3DS' sixth year. 

Look at the back of your 3DS. You'll see that there's "M" for manufacturer, that says 2010. Now beside it you'll see a "C" for copyright, that says 2011.

So tell me how that is 6 years?

Look at the back of your 3DS. You'll see that there's "M" for manufacturer, that says 2010. Now beside it you'll see a "C" for copyright, that says 2011.

So tell me how that is 6 years?

2011 is its first year on the market

2012 is 2nd

2013 is 3rd

2014 is 4th

2015 is 5th

2016 is 6th

2011 is its first year on the market

2012 is 2nd

2013 is 3rd

2014 is 4th

2015 is 5th

2016 is 6th

Oh you count it by saying the year it release as the 1st. For me I count 2012 as that would be a full year.

Tomato, tomatoe.

It's more or less official that AMD is providing the chips to console or the handheld. I am going with the console. But hey if AMD managed SoC/hardware wins for both, good for them as they really need it.

See you guys in November with the NX and Zelda Wii U NX!!

• Similar Content

• Choose 3 Wii U games you'd like to see 'definitively' on the NX
      By Rizz
      There are bound to be some re-releases of Wii U games on the NX that will have Nintendo's own spin on the 'definitive edition' branding, most likely with added content, what are the top 3 games you'd like to see?

Here are the current results!
      thank you to everyone participating in this discussion.

Votes counted for, in order of appearance:

I've included some likely choice reasoning based on the input of the community for select titles, when we think of 'definitive editions' we tend to think of DLC, updates and hotfixes, bringing everything together with added bonuses in one cohesive package.

(8 votes) Super Smash Bros. Wii U
      Super Smash Bros. Wii U can be expanded greatly in a definitive edition on NX, such as including all the DLC from both the Wii U and 3DS, bringing back classic game modes like 'Break the Targets' with unique level designs for each character, and the long absent 'Race to the Finish' and 'Board the Platforms' modes, new stages and characters, as well as new Mii costumes. It would make a great transition to the NX.

(6 votes) Mario Kart 8
      Including all DLC, adding brand new tracks based on upcoming NX exclusives, to remastered tracks from previous games in the franchise, additional characters, and new cups. This makes Mario Kart 8 a solid choice to bring over to the NX.

(3 votes) Super Mario Maker
      Super Mario Maker could continue to be expanded on the NX with more creative freedom for level design, such as an increased limit on how many blocks can be used, increased level save slots, new enemy combinations, controlling water levels, and sloped terrains.

(3 votes) Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

(2 votes) Splatoon
      Splatoon has seen great success, and while a sequel on NX is likely, it hasn't yet been announced. Bringing the game to NX with all DLC included, with a refined online system, allowing players to change load-outs while in lobbies, the ability for map voting, and further improving anti-cheating measures would be a great choice for the NX.

(2 votes) Xenoblade Chronicles X

(1 vote) Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
      The game could be reintroduced on the NX, possibly as a 'Fatal Frame HD Collection' including the two exclusive Wii games that weren't available in all regions, such as Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen and the Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly remake.

(1 vote) Hyrule Warriors
      Combine all the DLC, features, and characters from both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game to create the definitive experience on the NX, add in new characters from the Zelda universe, weapons, adventure maps, and battle scenarios and this would make a great choice.

(1 vote) Bayonetta 2
      (1 vote) Monster Hunter: Frontier G
      (1 vote) Paper Mario: Color Splash
      (1 vote) Star Fox Zero
      (1 vote) Super Mario 3D World
      My choices - Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, and Star Fox Zero