Welcome to NSider2

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fantasma

The NSider Town Square - 9/27/16

197 posts in this topic

@MaoOkay, I think I get it. Just not an alt of the person I thought it was. I think?

I'm fucking confused. I'll do what I told @Kodiack , I'll treat them the same way I have and give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm steeling myself all the same. I don't really have much to lose even if this is some weird game their playing, but I don't wanna risk pushing away a legit new member, though that's starting to look... questionable, I guess? I don't wanna out right accuse them, since I'm not 100% convinced.

Edited by Dog
Kodiack likes this

occasionally i like to come here and load pages just to see how slow it is and torture myself so i can fully appreciate the new site and its speed

its like religious masochism 

8 hours ago, Kloanoa said:

What the fuck happened to this place it's a ghost town? 

kloa i haven't seen u in ages

everyone moved to a new site bruh, its bustlin flower; 

7 hours ago, chickadee said:

what is this new website you speak of? 

WTF happened.  I decide to check in and like half the staff is gone?

8 hours ago, Slayer67 said:

WTF happened.  I decide to check in and like half the staff is gone?

Yep. It's sad to see. I'm checkinfora a bit. It was a huge shock to see how things are now.

I remember all the good times everyone had around these parts. Back when it was the first Nsider, I was there but I don't remember my old username. Nsider2 was my home away from home and would post as much as I can on here, heck, I even won some contests back in the day. While I did go on to other places, I will forever hold my heart here because of the great people here. There was a time when I even wanted to become a mod, just to talk with people.

If anyone does read this, I love you guys for everything you did for so many years. Thank you for everything.

Looks like CrowdGather managed to resurrect NSider2!

But whatever they did, it's now slow as heck to browse again... theydonothing;

22 hours ago, Kodiack said:

Looks like CrowdGather managed to resurrect NSider2!

But whatever they did, it's now slow as heck to browse again... theydonothing;

The real question here is why? lmao 

Posted (edited)

I was feeling kind of bored so I went back to open up this place. See if it still existed. Made my account here (according to the profile at least, might be inaccurate) almost 10 years ago.

I was still in high school then, some teenage kid who loved video games and being a sarcastic european prick on a mostly US based imageboard. An arrogant dipshit that carried some additude from making arguably the cringiest fanfiction on an official nintendo board which was then not criticized for me being a kid. Potestas was the nick I decided on when I was like 13 or so on that nintendo board before moving on to this and that nickname (meaning 'power' in latin) was not without reason. You want recognition as a kid. You want others to respect you for what you do. Before figuring out that the truth lies in being happy with what you have rather than what you could have, a lot of us go through this.

So I sought to create content. The fanfic thing wasn't going anywhere anytime so I tried my hand at learning photoshop. I was no graphic artist, but I was the only one 'autistic' enough to be obsessed with digital arts epeen and so made a bunch of stuff on this very website. They put me on staff for a brief moment apparently forgetting about the shitty egotistical brattish behavior where I did nothing of notice and then these special 'graphic artist' roles were abandonded. And there was drama. So much drama.

Artificial drama too. Shrimpkid, Retequis, a whole bunch of people at 'the rest of us' who were about as sick of my rotten personality as people could be. I was berating others while adding little to nothing to any kind of solution or proposing that the solution was to let me handle it arrogantly. Forums were my big thing. My entertainment for many evenings. Around the time I was on NS2 was the first time in my life where I had regular internet access at home. So it was my everything. I took it very serious.

And that additude continued. I finally figured: why be a dipshit who can't get his way while I can wager my pride on some stupid bet and make a nonsensical forum myself. That joke of a place turned slowly into something that actually resembled a niche anime/video game place. It was friendly and cozy and truly enjoyable for anyone who could handle me or just didn't know any better. Although I had envisioned it would outlast NS2, in the end it died before this place did, by a margin of some months. You can't find it on the internet anymore.

Although I did some RP board things here, most of the posts were around the place and also here in the offtopic board. I stopped going here some time ago as really the users I interacted with were all at my own website anyway.

My point is: 10 years is a long time. And tbh, I'm happy to see that even in it's last moments, at this place there are people who cared about it enough to come and either shitpost or do whatever else.

To whoever I may have pissed off majorly in that time (Retequis, Shrimpkid, Keita-Kuhn for example): I apologize. I want to close all of this on a good note and I think now is a good time to do so. Hit me up on steam (potestas) if you care at all. (I already have some of you but I never talk much) We can have a figurative beer.

Because even with all the drama, all the nonsense and all the frustrations that came with this site we kept coming back for a reason. We spend part of our childhood and teenage years here and those memories are precious all the same. For any time we might have had critique on how things were here, remember that we did it because we appreciated this place.

So cheers to you NS2. Rest in peace.

Edited by Potestas

Posted (edited)

Fuck that noise. This place was always gay as fuck. It's sad that the only successor to the official Nintendo online community became this, and was held back and contained by a bunch of fags who could care less about the legacy of the community. The fact that you all intentionally gimped this place and killed it to start your own forum for the sake of your own name is pathetic. Stop trying to get people to go to that other site. If you want nsider to die, let it, stop using it to glorify your circle jerk that killed a real community 

Edited by Fantasma

Posted (edited)

This place wasn't much of a community for years even before they decided to shift over. It consisted of 90% the circlejerkers from this chatbox thread of theirs and it's obvious in retrospect with how they managed to move to the new site pretty much overnight.

After moving over it became glaringly obvious what the ideologies of that group were. If you want to find out, all you need to do is go look at that old political thread to see how addled some of them really are. There are actual death threats there. So the few normal people that were still around couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave, and now that place is pretty much dead as well. Aside from that same group of degenerates that'll probably keep jerking each other till the end of their days.

Strangely enough I've encountered this same occurrence on some other old forums as well. Pointless political ideologies and strange safe spaces popping up and ruining all the fun that there once may have been.

Edited by Divine Judgement

On 11/18/2016 at 7:38 PM, chickadee said:

WTF, CHICADICK? NO WAY, IS THAT ONE OF MY SIGS YOU ARE REPPIN'? YOU USE TO TALK SO MUCH SHIT ABOUT MY STYLE. LOL, WHY DOES YOUR SIG LOOK LIKE IT WAS MADE BY ME WHILE I'M TAKING A SHIT?